Latest Sous Chef Career vacancy in Kenya 2015
Job Title: Sous Chef
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports To: Executive Chef
- Responsible for all food production in all the outlets and banquet functions, assists in developing menus, food purchase specifications and recipes.
- Supervises the kitchen brigade
- Develops and monitor food and labor budget for the department.
- Maintain highest professional food quality and hygienic standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the chef in planning outlet menus.
- Schedules and coordinates the work of cooks, stewards and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals.
- Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
- Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Implements training programmes to increase their knowledge about safety, hygiene and accident prevention principles.
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices.
- Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labor and other costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
- Consults with the Executive Chef and outlet manager on food production aspects of special events being planned.
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained.
- Interacts with management to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of members and guests.
- Develops policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality; continually updates written policies and procedures to reflect state-of-the-art techniques, equipment and terminology.
- Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Provides training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
- Ensures that representatives from the kitchen attend service lineups and meetings.
- Always visit the restaurant when it is opens to welcome members.
- Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times.
- Ensure end of the month inventory is accurate and completed.
- Review “Par Stock Level” for each item based on current operational situation.
Qualification and Experience
- Culinary Education/Diploma in food production
- Thorough knowledge of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCAP)
- Minimum of six (6) years’ experience as a Senior Sous Chef de Partie in a five star property or three (3) years experience as a Sous Chef in a four star property and above
- Minimum of Eight (8) years’ combined experience in food production.
If you meet the above qualifications send your detailed CV to email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the week