Land O’Lakes K-SALES Project Jobs inKenya May 2016
Job opportunity:Land O’Lakes K-SALES Project inKenya
\Career vacancy:Land O’Lakes K-SALES Project inKenya
Vacancies in Kenya Semi-Arid Livestock Enhancement Support
Land O’Lakes International Development Division has applied, since 1981, an integrated approach to international economic development that capitalizes on our company’s 90 years as a leading farm-to-market agribusiness.
We use our practical experience and in-depth knowledge to facilitate market-driven business solutions that generate economic growth, improve health and nutrition, and alleviate poverty.
The Kenya Semi-Arid Livestock Enhancement Support (KSALES) project is helping to create a more inclusive, competitive and efficient livestock sector by reducing drought-related losses, building the technical capacity of value chain actors and reducing marketing inefficiencies in six semi-arid counties in Kenya.
1. Livestock Production Advisor
The Livestock Production Advisor will work under the Chief of Party’s direction and in collaboration with the technical team overseeing all activities to increase livestock productivity including working with input providers, technologies and services, and building the capacity of livestock farmers towards the adoption of improved livestock and farm management techniques and protocols.
- Master’s degree in livestock, agriculture, agribusiness, agricultural economics, or related field;
- Knowledge of animal nutrition, animal health, population medicine, pathology, epidemiology, parasitology, bacteriology, pharmacology, and theriogenology /reproductive health;
- Minimum of five years of experience in the Kenyan or East African livestock value chain focused on improved production, producer organization, improved feeding practices and/or herd management.
- USDA or USAID experience preferred;
- Must be able to identify the needs and challenges of smallholder livestock farmers and identify ways of improving their productivity.
- Must be eager to work in village locations. Seventy-five percent of time will be spent outside of the office.
2. Market Development Officer
The Market Development Officer will work under the direct supervision of the Deputy Chief of Party / Market Development Advisor to strengthen the market linkages between livestock producers, traders, processors and buyers of livestock and livestock products across the six project counties.
He/she will also be responsible for the cooperative development component in Taita Taveta County.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, management, business economics or agricultural economics;
- A demonstrated personal knowledge of formal and informal livestock marketing;
- Five years of experience related to marketing and business practices, especially in the agriculture sector;
- Five years’ of experience developing, reviewing, and/or operationalizing feasibility studies and business plans, especially with firms in the agricultural sector;
- Experience conducting financial analysis of agro-enterprises.
- Experience working in the private sector and/or with private sector development projects;
- Must be eager to work in a field setting. 70% of time will be spent outside of the office.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to dialogue, network, and negotiate with industry professionals such as; government representatives, international institutions and private-sector business professionals.
Interested candidates should CLICK HERE to apply onlineno later than Friday May 27, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.