Laboratory Technologists Jobs in Nairobi, Alupe Busia & Kisian – Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation April 2016
Job opportunity:Laboratory Technologists in Nairobi, Alupe Busia & Kisian – Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation
Career vacancy:Laboratory Technologists in Nairobi, Alupe Busia & Kisian – Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation
Boresha Maabara Grant: “BORESHA MAABARA” (improve laboratory services) is a five (5) year project funded through the US Government Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
Position Summary: Under the supervision of Laboratory Manager / Supervisor, the Laboratory Technologists will support the molecular and immunology work related to HIV including routine laboratory maintenance duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all aspects of HIV viral load/EID laboratory testing work necessary to support diagnosis and Patient monitoring on Roche CAP/CTM; Abbott M2000 and Roche C8800 platforms
- Perform all aspects of CD4 T-Lymphocyte cell count of HIV infected individuals blood using the BD FACS Calibur platform
- Ensure adequate stock of reagents and other consumables are available and track usage
- Maintain laboratory QC/QA in the performance of assigned duties
- Record test results obtained in an organized and timely manner and write summary reports
- Document all problems encountered with samples/equipment and forward them for action
- Observe at all times GCP/GCLP to ensure quality work is attained
- Facilitate PT testing and other EQA schemes as recommended by the quality assurance officer
- Support validation of new HIV testing protocols or platforms
- Contributing to program monitoring and evaluation
- Support the laboratory in achieving and maintaining ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for medical laboratories
- Ensure proper operational procedures and laboratory safety precautions are maintained and adhered to in the laboratory
- First Class Honors or an Upper Second Class Honors Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences or related courses.
- Experience in carrying out basic PCR testing for HIV Diagnosis or Viral Load Testing, and CD4 enumeration technology.
- Minimum laboratory experience of two (2) years in a busy laboratory dealing with molecular and immunology work related to HIV.
- Understanding of molecular testing in relation to key HIV/TB tests.
- Pleasant personality, flexibility, team player, ability to solve problems, work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure while at the same time adhering to strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Excellent analytical skills, presentation and problem solving skills.
- Innovative with a high degree of initiative
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
If you meet the above qualifications, you are requested to send your application and CV to email@example.com by April 15, 2016.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.