Kuku Foods Kenya Limited is a KFC Franchisee in Kenya since 2011, is seeking to fill the position of Operations Manager.
The purpose of this position is to facilitate the efficient managing, coordinating and driving operational excellence through the implementation of standards and processes and ensure achievement of sales and profitability targets.
Based in Nairobi, the Operations Manager will be responsible for:
- Strict internal controls that accurately report and highlight variances on key areas of the business, specifically, but not limited to, cash and stock controls and labour costs;
- Accurate compilation and timely reporting of management accounts;
- Training, supervision and mentoring of employees to achieve departmental and company plans and goals as contained in the company budget and development plan approved by the board of directors;
- Provide efficient handling of recruitment and industrial relations issues;
- Ensure that all stores’ operating standards meet the minimum brand standard, particularly relating to ROCC, MOTS as well as the internal company balanced scorecard;
- Ensure that the stores have the correct staff complement and that such complement have been trained and certified in their position;
- Ensure that there are sufficient “bench” staff that can support existing stores as well as the envisaged store rollout;
- Provide the setup of rigorous internal store processes and procedures and the monitoring and implementation of such;
- Set a culture of coaching and support for all staff members and the entrenchment of KFC values in the company.
- A cheerful, engaging personality with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to develop leaders at all levels to deliver excellent results, create an enabling culture where people can achieve their highest potential and enjoy, with a strong sense of urgency and attentive to detail.
Education, Experience and Skills Required
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university
- At least 5 years’ multi-unit management experience in the hospitality industry
- Must have achieved the KFC Leading Multiple Restaurants (LMR) certification
- High levels of energy and drive
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Proven Leadership ability
- Customer orientation
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
Please send your application letter indicating your suitability to this role, together with a copy of your updated resume, your current salary and benefits package to firstname.lastname@example.org before 12th October 2015.
Kindly indicate the position title in the Subject line of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.