KickStart International Office Assistant At- Janitor (Cleaner) / Driver Job in Nairobi Kenya 2014
Reports to: Administration Coordinator
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
Works with: Relates mostly with all staff
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Wiping dust from work stations, chairs, office equipments, cabinets, photocopier, files and office flowers.
- Ensuring the all the office room are cleaned daily, dusted daily and chairs arranged properly
- Undertaking general cleaning, scrubbing and disinfecting the office at least once a month and pay particular attention to windows and window grills.
- Cleaning the demo kit every once a week
- Cleaning the reception area daily and ensuring that all dusters used are cleaned and dried out in the sun
- Wiping telephone heads and door handles with disinfectants on daily basis
- Empty dust bins and ensure they are cleaned and wiped
- Cleaning the front door grill daily and ensuring that no dust gathers on the grill
- Ensuring that no unnecessary papers are lying on the workstations /carpet etc. Clutter free as much as possible.
- Ensuring that morning and afternoon tea is served on time, 9 am and 3 pm respectively.
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness in the kitchen by ensuring that the kitchen floor, utensils, microwave and any other kitchen appliances are clean.
- Preparing kitchen supplies items list for replenishing.
- Issuing stationery to staff as requested and keeping a record of the same.
- Taking lunch orders for staff in meetings
- Manning the reception in the absence of the receptionist.
- Providing occasional driving support in the absence of the drivers
- Handling messenger assignments when necessary
- Preparing work progress reports when needed
- Any other official duty as may be assigned.
- Minimum of Form Four Certificate
- Valid driving license with at least 3 years’ experience driving within Nairobi both light and heavy vehicles
- Ability to use computers- mainly office suite
- Experience in cleaning in a busy work environment
- Honesty and integrity
- Respect and professionalism
- Time management and multitasking
- Proven ability to handle challenging work load
- Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity;
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills especially in English
- Commitment to KickStart’s values