Kesho Accountant and Monitoring & Evaluation Intern Jobs in Kilifi Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity;Kesho Accountant and Monitoring & Evaluation Intern in Kilifi, Kenya
Career vacancy:Kesho Accountant and Monitoring & Evaluation Intern in Kilifi, Kenya
Location: Kilifi, Kilifi County
- General Accounting Procedures
- Financial Management and Reporting
- Budgeting and Forecasting with support from the ED
- Development and strengthening of Systems, Policies and Procedures
- Supporting the development grant proposals
- Risk Management
- Payroll preparation and administration
- A Bachelors Degree (Upper Second or First) in Accounting or Finance
- CPA Section 2 Minimum.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in the NGO field
- Advanced skills in Quickbooks, Excel and proficiency in MS Office.
- Knowledge of national and industry related financial principles
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- High degree of Integrity and Interest
- Ability to work in a team
Location: Kilifi, Kenya
Duration: 6 months
- Compiling Monthly programme output reports and quarterly institutional reports and presenting them for circulation to senior management. This will include requesting and verifying inputs from the programmes as well as giving feedback/dissemination to the Kesho team on final reports developed;
- Preparing donor and internal Kesho reports from the output reports;
- In–field coordination of key M&E activities;
- Quality–control of data entry, with zero tolerance for data–entry errors;
- Assist in data management, including:
- Manipulation and verification of collected data – including, data cleaning, basic analysis and quality control
- Collection, analysis and reporting on internal Key Performance Indicators
- Other duties as assigned
- Current undergraduate student in Statistics, Community Development, Public Health, Anthropology or other Social Sciences
- Advanced skills in Excel, (Proficiency in SPSS, SAS, Epi-Info or STATA an added advantage)
- Experience in designing and participating in development projects
- Strong research and reporting skills
- Strong analytical thinker with acute attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Goal oriented and committed with ability to work under pressure within a dynamic Team.
- Self-motivated and able to work without any supervision
Suitably qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter (ONE page only) explaining their suitability and a CV with details of qualification and experience including 3 traceable references.
All offers of employment are made contingent upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.
Applications to be submitted via the following email address: recruitment @ keshokenya.org
The subject of your email should contain the job you are applying for and your name, i.e. “Monitoring and Evaluation Intern – John Safari
Please do not attach any scanned certificates
Closing date for applications is 18th May 2016
Should you be shortlisted, you will be contacted within 1week of the closing date.
Child Safeguaring Policy: Any employee, consultant, contractor, Intern, Volunteer or supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of Kesho must sign the Child Protection-Commitment Form and comply with Kesho’s Child Protection Policy which is a statement of Kesho’s commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.