Kenyatta National Hospital Project Manager Job in Kenya June 2014.
- Building and managing project teams, reporting to the project sponsor and ensuring quality control throughout the project life cycles.
- Managing project development from initiation, design, monitoring, controlling to closure.
- Preparing cost estimates and budgets.
- Working with project sponsors and stakeholders to complete the project charter outlining scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget and timing.
- Managing and mitigating project risks.
- Providing project schedules to identify when each task will be performed.
- Communicating expectations to team members and stakeholders.
- Acting as the mediator between stakeholders and team members.
- Resolving any issues and problems throughout the project life cycle.
- Managing effectively the project scope by ensuring that changes are accurately documented and approved.
- Tracking and reporting on project milestones and providing status reports to the sponsor.
- Leading, coaching and motivating project team members on a proactive basis.
- Conducting site due diligence and feasibility study to ascertain the viability of the project.
- Negotiating contracts with architects, vendors and other contractors.
- Securing of necessary work permits
- Possess a Bachelors degree in Architecture, Building Economics, Civil Engineering or other related course from a recognized university.
- Possesses a Masters degree in a related field from a recognized university.
- Must be registered with either the Board of Registration of Architects and Quantity Surveyors or the Engineers Board of Kenya and hold a relevant and current practicing certificate issued by the relevant professional organization.
- Must hold Diploma in Project Management.
- Proficiency in ICT and in particular, Project Management software suites e.g. Ms Projects.
- At least three (3) years experience in a Senior Management position in a large organization..
- Experience with large projects within a medical institution would be an added advantage.
All those interested in these position and meet the minimum requirements are requested to submit their letter of application together with a detailed C.V indicating qualifications, experience, current responsibilities, copies of testimonials and certificates on or before 4th July, 2014 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Kenyatta National Hospital,
P.O Box 20723 -00202,
Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please note only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.