Kenya Re Risk and Compliance Officer Job Vacancy April 2016
Career opportunity:Kenya Re Risk and Compliance Officer
Job vacancy:Kenya Re Risk and Compliance Officer
The main purpose of this role is to facilitate identification of risks, assessment, monitoring and reporting of risks in line with the Corporation’s Enterprise Risk Management framework.
- In conjunction with management, facilitate the identification and assessment of risks in line with the Corporation’s Enterprise Risk Management framework and updating outcomes in the risk registers.
- Monitor risks and prepare reports to management and other risk committees on various aspects of risk management e.g. reports of monitoring key risk indicators.
- Conduct risk modelling in line with the various established risk analysis models. A good understanding of the Solvency II or Basel frameworks is critical.
- Conduct risk analysis and quantification financial and insurance risks through sensitivity analyses and stress testing for financial and insurance risks as well as major projects in the Corporation.
- Scanning environmental risks and identifying new threats and opportunities that may impact on the business.
- Create awareness on risk management to facilitate embedding of a risk conscious culture across the Corporation.
- Follow-up proactively on action plans put in place by management or the various risk committees to address risk exposures and report on the same.
- Conduct reviews to evaluate compliance to laws, regulations and internal procedures.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned.
- Applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution.
- Risk Management specialization and possession of Actuarial papers will be an added advantage.
- They should have at least two years relevant working experience in risk management, underwriting, claims or actuarial functions preferably in a Reinsurance company or financial institution.
- In addition the person’s attributes includes quick learner, analytical, self-driven and excellent communication and computer skills.
Kenya Re is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, colour, race, religion, natural origin, age or physical disability.
Applicants should indicate on the CV their current/last salary and whether they are persons living with disability.
The Human Resource Manager
Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited
P. O Box 30271, 00100 GPO
Closing Date: 17th April 2016
Candidates who had applied earlier need not reapply.