Kenya Re Research and Development Manager Job Vacancy April 2016
Career opportunity:Kenya Re Research and Development Manager
Job vacancy:Kenya Re Research and Development Manager
The Manager Research and Development will be responsible for providing primary marketing research services to management and business units for strategic decision making.
- Gathering of market intelligence and data analysis and providing insights with a view to providing Kenya-Re with a competitive edge.
- Continuously liaise with the Marketing Division and Investment Division to understand the economic trends both within and outside the country with an objective of proposing suitable investments as necessary.
- Creation of actionable insight that informs decision making on customer behavior
- Provide insights into the changes in operations to optimize the performance of business.
- Make recommendations to the management team on the prioritization of the innovative ideas and advice on ways of improving innovation.
- Champion innovation through analysis of the current situations to foster improvements, better works systems, costs savings, faster processes and turnaround times.
- Advice on research results against objectives set
- Identifying problems, opportunities and/or gaps through primary and secondary research and innovation.
- Management and dissemination of insight form secondary research sources such as market data, consumer/customer/competitor trends as well as internal company data.
- Applicants should be holders of a Bachelor’s degree in Business related studies, preferably in Marketing, Economics, Statistics or Insurance.
- In addition they should have a Diploma in Insurance. They should have 6 years relevant experience preferably in research from financial institutions two of which should be in a managerial position.
- They should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be able to operate in a performance driven environment and be a team player with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Kenya Re is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, colour, race, religion, natural origin, age or physical disability.
Applicants should indicate on the CV their current/last salary and whether they are persons living with disability.
The Human Resource Manager
Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited
P. O Box 30271, 00100 GPO
Closing Date: 17th April 2016
Candidates who had applied earlier need not reapply.