Kenya Re Assistant Investments Manager Job Vacancy April 2016
Job opportunity:Kenya Re Assistant Investments Manager
Career vacancy:Kenya Re Assistant Investments Manager
- Assist in advising management on sound investment policy procedures and control systems that ensure accountability in all areas;
- Assist in preparing divisional annual budget and long-term projections;
- Assist in reviewing the investment portfolio with a view to acquisition/disposal for capital gain/interest income/liquidity;
- Assist in analysing and gather intelligence on all investment proposals and make appropriate recommendations;
- Assist in preparing of periodic investment reports to management, including cash flow projections;
- Assist in Creating and maintaining an investment database;
- Research and analyse financial and other information with a view to providing pro-active response to market changes;
- Facilitate the Preparation of investment schedules on weekly/monthly basis or as required by management, investment committee or the Board;
- Assist in the analysis of accounts relating to deposits, shares, treasury bills, bonds income and other securities.
- Liaise with brokers, bankers and other market participants;
- Assist in maintaining, reviewing and reporting on performance of mortgages;
- Ensure preparation of annual and half yearly financial statements
- Applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or a business related field and be holders of CIFA, CFA or CPA (K). They should hold membership in recognized professional bodies.
- Must demonstrate a deep understanding of the Capital and Money markets.
- They should have at least five years relevant working experience in Investments, two of which should have been in a supervisory role. In addition they should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, high integrity and an in depth understanding of International Financial Reporting standards.
Kenya Re is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, colour, race, religion, natural origin, age or physical disability.
Applicants should indicate on the CV their current/last salary and whether they are persons living with disability.
The Human Resource Manager
Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited
P. O Box 30271, 00100 GPO
Closing Date: 17th April 2016
Candidates who had applied earlier need not reapply.