Kenya Literature Bureau Senior Legal Officer Job in Nairobi Kenya June 2014
Kenya Literature Bureau is one of the leading Publishing and Printing firms in Kenya.
We are committed to publishing and printing of quality educational and knowledge materials at affordable prices.
The Bureau is seeking suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following position based in Nairobi:
Senior Legal Officer
Job Ref. HR-SLO-2-014
He/she will report to the Legal Service Manager and will be responsible for all legal matters, and shall be the custodian of statutory documents.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive court documents in the absence of the Manager, Legal Services.
- Advise on relevant legislation including taxation and labour laws
- Liaise with public bodies on statutory and compliance matters
- Facilitate debt collection and liaison with debt collectors and auctioneers
- Liaise with insurance companies and brokers on risk assessments, claims and insurance litigation.
- Ensure Regulations that govern the operations of the Bureau are complied with at all times.
- Assist in preparation and circulation of Agenda and facilitate smooth running of Board meetings and preparation of minutes in a timely manner.
- Participate in the preparation, drafting and the negotiation of contracts, formal agreements and other legal instruments between the Bureau and other parties and ensure that they are done in the Bureau’s interest.
- Draft legal documents, interpret court/arbitral rulings, and monitor implementation of laws, including government policies and regulation.
- Must be in possession of a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from a recognized institution and a Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law.
- Must have been admitted as an advocate of the High Court of Kenya and the holder of a current practising certificate.
- Must have three (3) years relevant experience
- Possession of a Certified Public Secretary (CPS) (K) qualification or a master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Must be computer literate.
- Serving officers must have served in the position of Legal Officer for a period of at least three (3) years and be in possession of a valid practising certificate.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send an application letter enclosing a comprehensive CV, photocopies of relevant certificates and testimonials, together with telephone contacts, e-mail address and names of three (3) referees to:
The Managing Director
Kenya Literature Bureau
P.O. Box 30022 – 00100 GPO
E-mail to: email@example.com
Kenya Literature Bureau is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications should reach the above address on or before 7th July, 2014.