Kenya Literature Bureau Assistant Finance Manager Job in Nairobi Kenya June 2014
Kenya Literature Bureau is one of the leading Publishing and Printing firms in Kenya.
We are committed to publishing and printing of quality educational and knowledge materials at affordable prices.
The Bureau is seeking suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following position based in Nairobi:
Assistant Finance Manager
Job Ref: HR-AFM-1-014
The Assistant Finance Manager will report to and deputize the Finance Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and approve payment and petty cash vouchers against budget.
- Prepare monthly accounts for presentation and decision making.
- Review of costing reports for execution of projects.
- Supervision of the general ledger, revenue, expenditure and costing sections.
- Maintain Kenya Literature Bureau’s financial management information system for provision of accurate financial information.
- Establish and maintain an effective internal control system.
- Manage the entire Kenya Literature Bureau’s investment portfolio including appraisal of capital expenditure proposals for optimal returns.
- Translate commercial unit objectives and strategies into financial plans, budget and cash flow proposals.
- Provide advisory support to all Regional Sales Managers on general accounting matters.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of staff members for attainment of departmental targets.
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant CPA (K) and a full member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK).
- Must have sound knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act, 2012 and International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Must have worked in the Finance or related field of a reputable organization for a minimum of eight (8) years, five of which must have been in a senior management level
- Must possess strong inter-personal and leadership skills, a team player with excellent communication and people management skills.
- Should have a good working knowledge of ICT accounting packages.
- Possession of MBA or its equivalent from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send an application letter enclosing a comprehensive CV, photocopies of relevant certificates and testimonials, together with telephone contacts, e-mail address and names of three (3) referees to:
The Managing Director
Kenya Literature Bureau
P.O. Box 30022 – 00100 GPO
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kenya Literature Bureau is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications should reach the above address on or before 7th July, 2014.