Kenya Leather Development Council Secretary / Chief Executive Officer Job Vacancy in Kenya 2014
- To provide advisory services to the Minister on matters related to processing of and trade in hides, skins, leather and leather goods for planning purposes.
- To promote, direct, coordinate and harmonize all activities in the leather sub-sector.
- To guide the implementation of the Board’s Policies and Strategies.
- To oversee licensing in the leather subsector.
- To collect, store, analyze and disseminate data in the leather sub-sector.
- To enhance internal and external marketing strategies.
- To perform such other functions as the Minister may consider necessary.
- Oversee the operations of the Council’s secretariat.
- Chief adviser to the Council and regular preparation of briefs to the Council members.
- Coordinating and implementation of the Strategic Plan and realization of its objectives.
- Supervise preparation and implementation of all Human Resource Management issues related to staff including Performance Appraisal Systems and Contracts for KLDC.
- Establish strategic partnership with development partners and relevant international and regional organizations.
- Ensure prudent management of resources, fundraising and security of assets to the Council.
- Ensure that periodic financial reports as required by the Legal framework are prepared to all relevant officers.
- Execution of financial and administrative approvals.
- Promote institutional accountability, timely decision making and effective communication within the organization.
- Overseeing and ensuring implementation of corporate policies, projects and programmes.
- Must have minimum period of fifteen (15) years’ experience in a senior managerial position. (Knowledge of the leather industry will be an added advantage).
- Must have a Master’s degree in Business Administration/ Finance/ Economics/ Public Administration from a recognized university. (Knowledge of the leather industry will be an added advantage).
- Must have a proven knowledge in Strategic Leadership.
- Those applying must also meet the requirements on Leadership and Integrity under Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya.
Kenya Leather Development Council
P O Box 14480-00800
– See more at: http://joblistkenya.com/kenya-leather-development-council-secretary-chief-executive-officer-job-vacancy.html/#sthash.qLED4873.dpuf