Kenya Industrial Estates Managing Director Job Vacancy May 2016
Job opportunity;Kenya Industrial Estates Managing Director
Career vacancy:Kenya Industrial Estates Managing Director
Kenya Industrial Estates Limited is a Development Finance Institution wholly owned by the Government and responsible for the promotion of industrialization through the provision of credit facilities, workspace and business development services to small and medium enterprises.
The Company has a network of 36 branches nationwide and is seeking to engage a dynamic, highly driven and result oriented individual to fill the position of the Managing Director and drive its focus on industrial growth and development in Kenya.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, the Managing Director will be responsible for overseeing all the strategic, operational and financial performance perspective of the Company, through the effective management of the executive leadership team.
The key roles and responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing and ensuring implementation of corporate policies and programmes;
- Working with the Board to provide coherent leadership of the Company, conveying and executing the vision, mission and strategic intent of the Company;
- Developing and recommending to the Board the short, medium and long term strategies , business plans and annual operating budgets;
- Ensuring that the Company has a risk management policy and framework that foster adequate systems and processes of accountability, risk management, internal controls and business continuity;
- Ensuring continuous achievement of the Company’s financial and operating goals and objectives;
- Ensuring unequivocal compliance to all the legal, regulatory and statutory requirements;
- Maintaining a high performance organization driven by talented and competent staff who consistently deliver outstanding results;
- Ensuring continuous improvement in the quality and value of services and products offered by the Company.
Key Qualifying Criteria
- A master’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Strategic Management or a related field from a globally recognised university;
- At least 15 years’ experience with 10 years’ experience in senior management coordinating multidisciplinary teams, preferably within the financial services, investment or other relevant industry;
- Current membership in a relevant professional body in CPA(K), ACCA, CFA, CIMA and others will be an added advantage;
- Age : between 35-54 years;
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya including: Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations; Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board; Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority; Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and a report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau.
Critical Competencies for Success
- Possess hands on experience and direct responsibility for developing and implementing strategic plans, generating substantial revenues and delivering positive cash flows and profits;
- Seasoned turnaround specialist in a similar complex environment;
- Demonstrable P&L responsibility and accountability in a similar organisation;
- Strategic thinker with commercial acumen;
- Proven capability to formulate business strategies is essential;
- An established track record and reputation for outstanding performance preferably from the financial services sector;
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal and networking skills.
Terms of Service and Remuneration
The successful candidate will serve on a three years contract renewable once subject to a favourable performance evaluation of set targets.
The remuneration attached to this position shall be determined in accordance with the provisions of section 5(3) of the State Corporations Act.
How to apply
If you believe your career objectives match the above role, please forward your application and detailed CV (enclosing relevant academic and professional certificates), national identity card/passport and stating your current position, remuneration, contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address ) of three referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience addressed to:
The Chairperson, Board of Directors,
Kenya Industrial Estates Limited,
P.O Box 78029-00507,
(to be clearly marked application for the position of a Managing Director)
Or dropped at Kenya Industrial Estates Limited Building, Likoni/Lusingeti Road, Chairperson’s office, 2nd Floor or in form of an electronic copy attaching all the relevant certificates to email@example.com on or before close of business the 20th May, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, see also the same details on the Company’s website: www.kie.co.ke
KIE Limited is an equal opportunity employer
KIE Limited is ISO 9001:2008 Certified.