KenAfric Industries Human Resource Officer Job in Kenya Feb 2016
Job vacancy: KenAfric Industries Human Resource Officer in Kenya
Employment opportunity: KenAfric Industries Human Resource Officer in Kenya
Job Purpose: Work in partnership with all areas of the line managers to provide specialist coaching, support and influence that enable Head of Department to effectively deliver their people plans.
Number of Staff Supervised: None
- Position the role of HR Officer as an integral part of the HR management team by developing effective working relationships, influencing, challenging the line management team on their personal style and the development and delivery of their people plans in support of the achievement of the business area and HR strategies.
- Equip key clients with appropriate tools and knowledge to effectively manage their people in line with their people plans e.g. performance management, absence management, career management.
- Provide support on the research, design and development of HR initiatives in support of the HR strategy. Facilitate the creation of an implementation and communication plan into the local business area that achieves the agreed deliverables.
- Provide both transformational advices on change management initiatives, organisational / departmental restructures / job role design / outsourcing / TUPE transfers / redundancy situations in order to improve cost and efficiency clarify accountabilities and empower delivery of great customer service.
- Working in partnership with Business Unit Heads and managers, manage employee relations issues including the ongoing relations with the trade unions at a macro level. Build management responsibility and capability for managing ER/IR (where appropriate) issues and improve the effectiveness of consultation.
- Working in partnership with the SHRM and line managers in their respective divisions, ensure that the appropriate operational HR functions are enacted to deliver change outcomes.
- In association with the Safety Audit Committee and Legal officer or other stakeholders to monitor, interpret and implement all new and revised legislation relating to the service.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of changes required including developments to policy and procedure; ensuring that significant changes are communicated to Members, relevant staff and Executive and Service Directors in the most appropriate manner.
- Identify short, medium and long term resourcing issues. Build and maintain the local manpower plans, co-ordinate with the workforce development team about workforce supply and demand and challenge contractor and line managers on new roles, replacement and recruitment and retention strategies.
- Embed a performance management culture within the business area as a means of driving business improvement by ensuring Business Units objectives, feedback and the improvement of hr service delivery through behaviours aligned with our values.
- Contribute to the development of the wider HR strategy and work closely with the SHRM and other managers to ensure cohesive and coordinated services across the group.
- Support the business area with the management development of their people, providing advice, guidance and ad-hoc training on Personal Development Plans and work with the business area to establish and introduce systems that identify employees with high potential, develop career paths in consideration of key roles for succession planning and self-development.
- Recruit, lead, train, motivate, develop and empower team members in accordance with the Group’s Policies and procedures. Develop and maintain appropriate and effective communication with staff and service users on all matters relating to the service and all legislation and regulations which apply to it.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Degree in business studies or Bachelors of Commerce in Human Resources.
- Diploma in Human resources or Post graduate higher diploma in Human resources
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
- Excellent influencing and coaching skills,
- Ability to prioritise and work well under pressure,
- Proven effective people management skills,
- A solution based approach to problem-solving,
- Ability to champion and promote new ideas that contribute to the aims and meet the business needs of Business Units and the Kenafric as a whole,
- Ability to review financial data and business cases to contribute to Business Units discussions on future strategic or tactical initiatives and
- Project management skills.
- Credible activist
- Strategic positioned
- Capability builder
- Change champion
- Human resource innovator and integrator
- Technology proponent
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your application letter and cv quoting the job title on the email subject (human resource officer)to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th February 2016