KCB Sports Team Manager career Recruitment in Kenya Dec 2015
- Develop and implement a winning sports team strategy (interwoven in the overall bank’s strategy) for all KCB teams.
- Manage teams and players by executing team performance contracts, negotiating terms and ensuring excellence in team performance
- Handle media relations and PR opportunities that will deliver on PRV and MPI targets
- Drive consumer participation and public engagement to grow a strong fan base for the teams
- Maintain positive engagement while acting as link between the teams and the bank by ensuring monthly reporting to Exco, proactively addressing team issues, providing solutions and planning of the annual sponsorship packages.
- Work with coaches to develop relevant training programs to ensure teams are in top form
- Develop and manage revenue generating activities for all teams to deliver ROI from the sponsorships e.g. collection of gate fees, opportunity to generate revenue from royalties, on ground activations in conjunction with Brand Managers.
- Recommend a turnaround strategy for the KCB Sports Club to make it a successful sports club with a clear revenue collection plan.
- Develop and run the teams CSR programs including the U10s and U17s programs that are in place
- Manage the annual teams budget and day to day logistics for the teams
For the above position, the successful applicant should have:-
- Bachelor’s Degree in B.Com or B.A or related degrees from an institution recognized by Commission for University Education
- Possession of a postgraduate degree or professional qualification in sports management, sports marketing or marketing, communications will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a sports management, sports marketing or similar role.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Marketing, Communications, PR.
- Experience in Sport Journalism is an added advantage.
- Demonstrate excellent Planning and organizing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Project Management Skills.
- Proven track record in delivering results.
To be considered your application must be received by Dec. 25, 2015.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.