KCB Burundi Head of Finance Job Vacancy Feb 2016
Job opportunity: KCB Burundi Head of Finance Vacancy
Career vacancy: KCB Burundi Head of Finance Vacancy
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and reports for EXCO and Board Business Committee for the review.
- Revenue and cost management by ensuring maximum returns on loan-able funds, improve generation and collection of non-Interest based revenue and ensure value for money for costs incurred.
- Budgeting and planning by completing the budgeting exercise in time and presenting it to EXCO and Board Business Committee of the bank. Budget-implementation and control by managing all costs within the budget and taking corrective measures ensure budget revenue is realized and revising the budget if operating conditions warrant revision.
- Financial management and reporting by ensuring a timely preparation and submission of financial management reports and providing a timely and relevant feedback for effective decision making to all stakeholders.
- Overseeing and running accounts payables ensure authorization and validation of all the invoices before payment as well as signing banker’s cheques.
- In charge of all other operations in the finance department such as maintaining the General Ledger, Fixed Assets register for the whole bank and review and /or reconcile all the banks accounts.
- Compliance and governance by timely submission of statutory financial reports. including IFRS
- Participate in Board Business Committee by presenting the monthly performances of the bank and the Audit Committee of the Board as per the BRB requirements and presenting the financial reports when necessary.
- Chairman of the Procurement committee by chairing and overseeing that the procurement process is followed as per the laid down policy and the cost incurred are within the budget.
- Participation in other Management committees such as Exco, Alco, Credit, Risk, IT steering and reconciliations as well as Finance department meetings.
- Coordinate the External audit, internal audit and BRB audit and ensure these are completed in a timely manner.
- Training, Coaching and performance reviews for the finance team.
- Tax management & compliance
- General ledger management and reconciliation monitoring
- Competitor analysis and benchmarking
The successful applicant should have the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- A University degree in Commerce from a recognized institution.
- CPA (K) holder.
- Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience, 5 of which must be in finance in a management role.
- Experience in Bank Operations is essential.
- Experience in Treasury will be an added advantage.
- Must have sound commercial acumen
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve both operational and strategic issues through a pragmatic and commercially sound approach
- Superior verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to build strong working relationships, internal and external to the organization.
- Demonstrated creativity and analytical ability.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with a diverse group.
To be considered your application must be received by March 4, 2016.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.