KANCO Program Officer Job in Nairobi Kenya 2014
Should manage, organize and support all aspects of KANCO’s ECD/HIV Program in line with the health sector priorities and in collaboration with other partners in the sector and other related sectors; including active participation in the health sector coordination fora, other agency liaison, training and supervising staff using techniques and tools available and appropriate to Kenya.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Lead and manage KANCO’s advocacy on ECD/HIV Integration through identifying opportunities locally and globally
- Identify policy gaps and take lead in policy advocacy both at the local and global levels
- Liaising with government stakeholders and other partners around opportunities for lobbying for attention to ECD / HIV integration
- Develop training tools in ECD/HIV Integration.
- Cascade training models
- Increase the profile of ECD/HIV among relevant stakeholders who include, CSOs, Government and media.
- Manage the ECD/HIV Integration portfolio with the particular emphasis on creating and sustaining linkages between CSOs, Ministry of health and donors
- Maintain and expand KANCO’s national and global role in ECD/HIV Integration
- Provide overall management of the ECD/HIV Integration project and represent the organization in all technical working groups, meeting and ECD/HIV foras
- Collate and record data for monitoring and evaluation on ECD/HIV Integration and ensure timely reporting of project
- Build and strengthen media capacity in ECD/HIV Integration reporting and coverage
- Be the overall responsible person for development of the ECD/HIV Integration advocacy work plan, its implementation and programmatic reporting`
- Working with technical support hubs in developing/ consolidating regional expertise in ECD/ HIV integration
- Prepare and update of training material, guidelines, information-communication-education (IEC) material, and implementation tools
- Managing completion of project deliverables.
- University degree in Social sciences
- Experience in developing training tools
- Post graduate studies in Public Health, or a related technical field will be an added advantage
- Experience in ECD and HIV with latest developments in ECD/HIV integration.
- Experience in training, capacity building and community participation mechanisms
- Experience of a flexible approach to managing and prioritizing a high workload and multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Experience of proactively identifying and addressing issues
- General knowledge of global health and ECD/HIV issues, and the current trends, methods and approaches required. Policies and strategy to address national and global health issues.
- Relevant experience in ECD/HIV integration and advocacy at the national level is desired
- High sense of integrity and Results oriented.
- Ability to communicate with tact.
- Ability to work independently and accurately.
- Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English
Applications should be sent strictly via e-mail to email@example.com
KANCO is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against: color, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion or belief, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, HIV/AIDS Status, and disability.