Junior Auditor Job in Nairobi, Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity;Junior Auditor in Nairobi, Kenya
Career vacancy;Junior Auditor in Nairobi, Kenya
The position reports to the audit managers and will have direct responsibility as follows:
- Conducts assigned audit engagements successfully from beginning to end
- Identifies and communicates issues raised, offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risk
- Supervises junior auditors assigned to engagements providing guidance and overall review of deliverables
- Ensures audit conclusions are based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstances, and risk
- Develops audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives.
- Obtains and reviews evidence ensuring audit conclusions are well- documented
- Ensures adherence at all times to all applicable department and professional standards
- Communicates assigned tasks to engagement team in a manner that is clear and concise ensuring high quality, accurate and efficient results
- Organizes personal effort along with those of junior auditors to be risk-based, productive, and efficient at all times
- Ensures adequate focus on personal professional growth relevant to taking on more challenging assignments, in line with standard audit career progression – proactively seeks relevant Education and training opportunities
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- University degree in finance or related field
- CPA(K), CA, ACCA or equivalent professional qualification
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Well rounded knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and International Standards on Auditing
- Sound knowledge of Kenyan tax laws and regulations
- High level of integrity and professional competence
- Excellent English communication and report writing skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “ 2205”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2205, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 15th May 2016
N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS or email. The test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The basic test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.