Job Title: Sales Engineer – Off-road vehicles
Salary: 100K – 150K gross
Our client prides itself in being a total solution provider for both On-highway and Off-highway applications.
Their multi-product and multi-service operations are spread across East & Central Africa and India.
Their main product lines include Tyres, Engines, Drills, Transmissions, Earthmoving & other equipments; Consumables & Accessories in the Off -highway segment and Saloon Cars, 4X4 Passenger vehicles, Pick Ups, Light Commercial & Heavy Trucks, Tippers, Tyres, Spare Parts, Tools & Accessories in the On-highway segment.
They are looking to hire a Sales Engineer – Off-road vehicles to sell their products to various product lines.
- Responsible for selling products to various Product lines like Trucks, Generators, Engines, Locomotives, Transmissions, Hydraulics, Filtration, Tyres, and Consumables etc which have applications in Rail, Power, Mining, Oil & Gas, Transport, Construction, Retail and others.
- Act as a consultant to advice clients on nature of equipment being sold to them and explain servicing/warranty of machine.
- Responsible for selling Services like Distribution ( Sales & Aftermarket), Solution providing, MARC Contracts, Contract Mining,
- Responsible for Tyre Management services, Finance & Operating Leasing, Tender business, etc.
- Creating business opportunities for the company by proactively pursuing with potential customers and coordinating with related parties like consultants, financiers, government agencies etc.
- To correctly estimate labor, material, construction and equipment costs in engineering projects.
- To prepare quotations for parts/equipment supplies to various customers.
- Participation in tenders of government departments and submission of Pre Qualifications of our products with government/ Parastatal/ NGO/ projects.
- To prepare technically and commercially correct tenders as per public procurement laws of each country and follow up on tenders participated for winning them keeping in view government procurement policies of each country.
- To timely execute the WON tenders as per bid submitted.
- Inspect completed installations for conformance with design and equipment specifications & safety standards.
- Observes operation of installation for conformance with operational standards.
- To prepare TCC/LCC of machines/products/services.
Skills and Experience Required
- Must be an engineering graduate with post-graduation in management specialized in marketing from a reputed institution.
- Minimum of 3 -8 years’ experience in sales of Trucks, Generators, Engines, Locomotives, Transmissions, Hydraulics, Filtration, Tyres, Consumables etc. (Experience in undertaking tender business and solution providing will be useful.
- Must have exposure to locomotives, Engines, Compressors, Ships, and Aftermarket etc.
- Should have some finance background to understand Finance / Operating lease, Contracts, Letter of credits, Forex etc.
- Should be computer savvy and should be proficient in MS Office and relevant software
- Knowledge of a wide range of sales techniques and concepts
- Have a good business awareness
- Be able to work within a budget
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Sales Engineer – Off-road vehicles) to email@example.com before Friday 9th October, 2015.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.