Latest Career vacancy for Principal HR & Admin Officer in Kenya Nov 2015
Job Title: Principal HR & Admin Officer
Job Description: The incumbent shall be responsible for managing the administration of the Human Resources policies and procedures.
To carry out the responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruitment, staffing, performance management, reward and career development programs.
Duties and responsibilities
- Formulate and implement approved HR policies and procedures and provide professional advice / interpretation to staff on correct application ensuring clear understanding for purposes of compliance.
- Coordinate the recruitment processes: short listing, interviewing, referencing, preparation of contracts
- Coordinate staff recruitment and selection process in order to ensure a timely organized and comprehensive procedure is used to hire staff. This will include liaison with agency, short listing, interviewing, and referencing.
- Organize pre-employment medical examinations for prospective employees.
- Manage the on boarding process and prepare and coordinate the Induction Programme.
- Ensure that Probation objectives are set and follow-up on probation assessment for timely decision making.
- Coordinate performance management systems to ensure full participation of all staff and timely evaluation bi-annually, prepare appropriate reports for management action and ensure Performance Improvement Plans implementation.
- Assess performance management gaps and propose methods of intervention.
- Preparation of employment contracts and timely Work permit application for expatriate staff.
- Develop and implement career development programs such as succession planning and talent management to ensure that the Company retains high calibre staff and plans for key roles.
- Implementation of the Management Trainee and Mentorship Programmes.
- In liaison with HODs, develop HR planning strategies which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements which are in line with the business goals.
- Provide advice and assistance with writing job descriptions as well as updating organizational and departmental charts.
- Develop and implement the reward programme that reflects the business strategy and culture of the organization.
- Design proactive retention strategies and ensure minimal attrition rates for top talent.
- Develop a framework to analyze the organization structure and identify ways to make it more effective.
- University degree preferably in Social Sciences with a Post graduate Diploma in Human Resources
- High integrity, results oriented, proactive, self-starter, committed, good interpersonal skills
- Computer proficiency with good presentation skills
- 3 – 4 years of experience in HR
How to apply
Qualified candidates to send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15th November 2015