Latest career vacancy for Human Capital Development Manager in Kenya 2015
Job Description: The role is to help with the ongoing, long-term improvement of employees’ skills, enabling them to fulfill their potential within their organization.
Duties and responsibilities
- Carry out a skills and competence needs assessment using cost effective Methods.
- Develop a Training Plan that has intervention programs including workshops seminars and trainings as per the approved budget for a current financial year.
- Implement the intervention programs identified as per the training plan within the contract period.
- Induct /Orient New employees and arrange on-the-job training for both local and expatriate staff.
- Manage and coordinate the Management Trainee Programme.
- Co-ordinate Industrial Attachment Programs as per the laid down requirements from the National Industrial Training Authority.
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirement; e.g. NITA Training Levy, Claims and Reimbursements.
- Co-ordinate Industrial / Educational visits from external institutions aimed at improving the corporate image.
- Monitor and Evaluate training programs undertaken (Post training Evaluation and assess the impact of training programs undertaken.
- In conjunction with top and line managers coordinate staff performance management. Coordinate performance management systems to ensure full participation of all staff and timely evaluation bi-annually, prepare appropriate reports for management action and ensure Performance Improvement Plans implementation.
- Assess performance management gaps and propose methods of intervention.
- Talent Management & Succession planning – Work with line managers to identify a talent pool and successors of critical roles and prepare career plans for this group.
- Extract individual training needs assessment and suggest and implement Solutions to the identified gaps.
- Ensure through the process of management that the company Training policies are evaluated, reviewed, adhered to and correctly Implemented to maximize employee benefits of training with regard to Cost effectiveness of the policies within the budget limitation.
- Coordinate and process allowances such as travel, airtime and issuance of mobile phones and tablets.
- Coordinate Company events e.g. trainings, team buildings, lunches and end of year events.
- Ensure compliance to environment, health and safety standards and policy requirements for continuous improvement.
- University degree preferably in Social Sciences with a Post graduate Diploma in Human Resources.
- High integrity, results oriented, proactive, self-starter, committed, good interpersonal skills.
- Computer proficient with good presentation skills.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in Training and evaluation
Qualified candidates to send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15th November 2015.