Position Overview: The Administrative Assistant Nairobi Office is an administrative support position based in Nairobi Kenya Offices.
Ideally, you are proactive, detail oriented, a strong written and verbal communicator, self-directed, committed to the company’s mission, and excited to join a dynamic, growing team.
Assist in HR related functions:
- Coordination of recruitment process and support recruiting consultants
- Organize orientation of new staff and compilation of staff HR files
- Management of Staff leave records
- Maintain supplies of stationery and equipment
- Maintain the condition of the office, furniture & facilities, including repairs and supervising of cleaners
- Maintain equipment inventories & asset registry
- Manage filing systems & office postal mail box
- Organize & coordinate bi-monthly staff meetings – compiling & sharing the agenda and taking minutes.
- Coordinate team events, regional retreats, global partner meetings, seminars.
- Making travel & accommodation arrangements for global staff traveling to Nairobi Office when called upon to do so.
- Maintain and manage company’s presentations & branding collateral, in coordination with company’s Communications Team.
- Payment processing and dispatch to suppliers.
- Assist accountant in the local purchasing process for equipment & hardware.
- Manage the office expenditure, petty cash budget and create summary reports for accounts.
- Assist with accounting and operations duties when required.
- Ensure all relevant project documents is in place, follow up with PM where they are missing.
- File management of all contract related to projects.
- Booking of flights for project related travel and management of the process.
- University graduate.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working as an Administrator.
- Basic accounting knowledge.
- Strong computer and Internet research skills.
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Sensitivity to confidential matters.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Organized & good at juggling tasks and prioritizing.
- A great team player.
- A desire to show initiative.
- Excellent communication skills (writing and speaking) in English. Must be able to express thoughts and opinions clearly and concisely.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Commitment to the company’s values.
Start Date: November.
How to Apply
Applications letters and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “ ADM 1922”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. ADM 1922, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 6th November 2015