Vacancy Announcement No. 024/2015
Post Title: National Programme Policy Officer
This position is open to qualified Somalia candidates with good knowledge of the local area. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute towards the development of a wide variety of projects, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider programme policies and guidance;
- Provide project management support to specific and defined programmes and projects ensuring a coordinated approach with wider programmes that comply with WFP standards and procedures;
- Develop and coordinate data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained;
- Research and analyse a range of policy and operational issues to inform the development of policies, programmes and activities;
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting programme activates;
- Liaise with internal and external counterparts to ensure effective collaboration, monitoring ongoing projects and highlight potential risks to project delivery;
- Support the identification, development and management of potential partnerships to collaborative working;
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners and local government to prepare for and respond to food assistance needs;
- Supervise other programme staff and provide training and technical guidance in their work;
- Assist in identifying fields where food aids is needed and in planning, formulating and targeting recipients for WFP aid;
- Maintain databases of indicators relating to, food security and WFP project’s;
- Support the Area Office in developing annual strategic and activity plans;
- Strengthen partnership with non-governmental organizations, local partners, UN agencies and local Government in the emergency response and recovery interventions;
- Receive and revise project proposals and budget from Cooperating Partners;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or first university degree with additional years of related work experience and trainings.
- At least three years of postgraduate professional experience in commerce, development, administration or food aid support.
- Proven experience in leadership, implementing programmes and policy making.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Somali is a requirement.
- Experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet or other WFP software packages.
- General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing administration.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications only according to the following procedures:
Go to: http://i-recruitment.wfp.org/vacancies/15-0018207
Step 1: Create your online CV.
Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.