STANLIB Kenya Limited is an investment management firm and is part of a premier banking and wealth management group in Africa.
STANLIB in East Africa manages capital assets for a diverse range of clients across several sectors in East Africa.
The Job: Chief Investment Officer
A key part of the East Africa Investment Team, to drive the investment process, maximise investment return and engage positively with all stakeholders.
- Take a leadership role in decision making on investments in all asset classes.
- Create and maintain a team of professionals to originate, analyse, finance, close and manage investments on behalf of third parties.
- Ensure execution of asset allocation, portfolio construction and tactical positioning.
- Responsible for the management of investment managers.
- Ensure that client portfolios are aligned to client mandates and the internal house view.
- Carry out in depth analysis of individual investment products, strategies and portfolios across asset classes.
- Monitoring the performance of investment portfolios and evaluating overall fund performance.
- Innovate new investment business solutions and products.
- Briefing members of various boards on the investment actions taken and the outcome of such investment decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree with an accredited institution in finance, economics or a related field with a strong track record of academic achievement, complemented by a Masters degree.
- A CFA designation will be an added advantage.
- At least 10 years’ experience in an investment related function with a proven track record of leadership, managing portfolios and generating sustainable performance.
- Proven leadership abilities.
- Proven track record of successful investment.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively delegate and to manage.
- Working knowledge of the asset management, unit trust, pension, insurance and alternative asset environment.
- Technically proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of Bloomberg or Reuters is desirable.
- Detail oriented with proven skill in analytical decision making.
- Proven skills in time management, including managing multiple tasks.
- Strong communication skills with a high level of professionalism and ethical standards.
Job related skills:
- Strong analytical skills
- Good presentation skills
- Good communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Hands on and results focused
- Strong work ethic
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications and experience should submit their applications to Customercare.email@example.com by Friday 16th October 2015.
STANLIB Kenya Limited is an equal opportunity employer with a compelling Employee Value Proposition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.