Jhpiego, an affiliate of the Johns Hopkins University, is an international NGO committed to improving the health of women and their families.
Jhpiego-Kenya works in close collaboration with both the Ministry of Health at National level and with County Governments in the areas of HIV/AIDS, Malaria, TB, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, Reproductive Health, Family Planning and Non-Communicable Diseases.
Jhpiego-Kenya is currently recruiting for an experienced individual with excellent leadership and technical skills, who is a team player, dedicated, hardworking, innovative, highly motivated and able to work on a high pressure environment requiring multi-tasking abilities.
The Country Director will provide vision, leadership and direction to ensure the strategic, programmatic, technical, and financial integrity of Jhpiego’s programs.
This includes guiding the strategic planning, design and implementation of country programs and achievement of planned results.
The Country Director will work closely with the Ministry of Health (MOH) and other Government of Kenya departments to streamline efforts and ensure complementarity of projects and serves as the primary point of contact for donors, stakeholders and international and local partners.
The Country Director will be responsible for overseeing the design of new projects, timely and cost-effective project implementation, compliance with Laws of Kenya, adherence to donor requirements, Jhpiego policies and procedures and program & technical standards of the organization.
- Develop and revise, or update the country strategy as needed.
- Align Jhpiego activities with country priorities, and include substantial engagement of national partners.
- Develop and maintain outstanding working relationships with donors, MOH, relevant Government departments, county governments, other implementing partners.
- Provide programmatic and/or technical leadership in the design, analysis, implementation and monitoring of interventions.
- Lead intensive efforts to develop new business/program opportunities; including identifying and developing opportunities; negotiating for new partnerships, leading program design efforts and proposal development teams.
- Ensure preparations and timely submission of all programmatic and financial reports to Jhpiego and donors.
- Ensure the Kenya program is working within available resources and is fiscally sound.
- Ensure compliance with Kenya laws, Jhpiego policies and donor rules and regulations as well as all contractual requirements.
- Identify and recruit highly qualified and experienced staff.
- Mentor, supervise and manage a team of highly qualified staff and align their efforts to ensure rapid and sustainable results.
- Represent Jhpiego’s interests and present progress, achievements and lessons learned to donors and other key stakeholders in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations.
- Work closely with Jhpiego’s home office staff to ensure effective, timely and coordinated responses to new program opportunities.
A detailed job description and required qualifications for the position are available at https://jobs-jhpiego.icims.com/jobs/2326/country–director/job
Interested applicants should send a CV with three referees and detailed cover letter to the following email address by 23rd October 2015:
A competitive remuneration will be offered according to qualifications and experience.
Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with disabilities and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.