Jobs vacancy at General Motors Supply Chain Planner in Kenya 2015
General Motors East Africa (GMEA) is the largest manufacturer of commercial vehicles in the East African region.
Our manufacturing plant in Nairobi assembles a wide range of Isuzu trucks and buses and also distributes fully built Chevrolet passenger vehicles.
With more than fifteen Isuzu models, our plant’s output has enabled GMEA stamp its authority in the vehicle manufacturing, sales and service industry right across East and Central Africa.
Our growing sales in the new vehicle segment has propelled GMEA to market leadership in Kenya three years in a row since 2012, achieving a market share of 28.7% in 2014.
We are looking for highly engaged candidates with a track record of excellence to join team GM in the following positions to be filled in January, 2016.
Reporting to the General Manager, Purchasing & Supply Chain, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following functions:
- Champion supply chain Plan for Every Part (PFEP) process.
- Champion material pull implementation.
- Establish supply chain department equipment and investment requirements.
- Optimize visual management within the department.
- Coordinate continuous improvement and cost optimization process in the department.
- Support project start-ups in Supply Chain function.
- Initiate material flow layout studies to improve operational efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Production Engineering or equivalent.
- Five years’ experience in manufacturing and supply chain.
- Knowledge in lean manufacturing processes and AutoCAD.
- High level interpersonal, organizing, planning and problem solving skills.
Please send your application and CV to:
The HR Business Partner,
General Motors East Africa Ltd,
P.O. Box 30527 – 00100,
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified candidates will be contacted
Deadline 16th November, 2015
Attractive compensation packages await successful applicants.