Tuskys, the leading retailer in Kenya has adopted a new strategy, Tuskys 2.0 GOOD TO GREAT, running from 2016-2020.
With this strategy we seek to strengthen our market leadership and to position the company for optimization of efficiencies and delivery of superior returns to shareholders.
Part of this strategy is the attraction and retention of the best talent to drive this strategy. To this end, we have several vacancies within our leadership team and welcome all applications.
Job Title: General Manager Human Resources
Report To: CEO
Purpose: To develop and lead a winning HR policy driven to attract, train and retain the best talent in line TUSKYS 2.0 GOOD TO GREAT!
The job holder will oversee all functions of the department and ensure proper processes are followed in selection, recruitment, training and remuneration.
The Human Resource Manager will ensure optimum placement of staff members in various departments and outlets.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains overall Human Resource strategy for the business in line with the business growth objective.
- Breaks down the overall strategy into day to day objectives and leads teams in achieving the same.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling departmental managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Constantly reviews relevance of various positions in line with business objectives.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Manage the Human Resource budget in the most efficient survey method possible.
- Ensure business gets real value for resources invested in people and guide Human Resource spending in line with overall company strategy.
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers and departmental heads to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource requirements and best practices; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings and forums with employee unions, labor offices and the Ministry of Labor.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees based on merit. Foster counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive performance management system. Ensure continuous and regular performance evaluation of employees in various levels, departments and branches and proper documentation of performance records. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Develop performance reward system for all employees to recognize effort and success. Also develop and maintain a comprehensive performance improvement plan for underperforming employees – facilitate counseling and motivation.
Professional Qualifications, Job experience & Skills requirement
- Holder of a University degree in Human Resources Management.
- At least seven years’ experience in HR, four of which must be in senior management position.
- Must be a practicing member of The Institute of Human Resource Management.
- Must be well versed with Kenya and International Labor laws.
- A Master’s degree in HRM will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements send your CV to email@example.com.
For ease of processing all candidates should quote the JOB CODE on Subject line of the email application.
Application deadline is Wednesday, 10th November 2015 at 5:00pm.
Late applications will not be considered.
All applicants must quote job ref on the subject line at the email.