Latest Jobs for Research & Development Engineer in Kenya Nov 2015
Research & Development Engineer
Job Summary: The Research & Development Engineer will be a member of the Growth Labs Team for our client’s network.
In partnership with the growth labs, they should apply their expertise and knowledge to the ongoing projects, finding innovative, cost-effective means to improve research, techniques, procedures, products and technologies.
Role & Responsibilities
- Testing specified equipment for processing of fecal waste and nutrient recovery.
- Designing, building and commissioning biogas plants, to convert waste collected from our products toilets into energy and nutrient rich organic fertilizer.
- Designing and implementing advanced nutrient and energy recovery systems to ensure maximum value is recovered from our products toilet waste.
- Installing, operating, monitoring, sampling, maintaining, and trouble-shooting the waste treatment facilities and equipment.
- Developing standard operating and maintenance procedures.
- Building partnerships with research institutions and technology developers to ensure our client is always abreast of global best practices.
- Researching, implementing, and developing new technologies to integrate into our waste management operations.
- Running experiments to test new technologies, improve existing technologies, and collect data in anticipation of scale-up.
- Providing technical expertise for grant reporting, budgeting, project management and health & safety.
- Designing compliance protocols with environmental, health, and safety standards for team members.
- Designing and overseeing quality assurance and control protocols.
- Recruiting and training local team of plant operators, including management team and technicians.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering (e.g. Mechanical, Industrial, Civil, Chemical Proficient in CAD software packages such as Solidworks, AutoCad or Pro-Engineer
- Experience testing and calibrating technical equipment
- Experience in R&D environment, setting experimental protocols, analyzing and presenting results
- At least 5 years’ experience designing production processes and working in a production environment, preferably within the biogas sector.
- A deep knowledge and understanding of wastewater treatment processes, industrial processing plant machinery and equipment.
- Previous experience successfully delivering projects worth more than $150K, on time and within budget. Previous chemical/microbiology lab experience.
- Previous experience working in waste water treatment plants, particularly nitrification and clarifier systems.
- Problem-solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Good Communication skills
- Coaching skills
Core Competency Requirements:
- Accountability & Responsibility – Personally invests in creating a culture of equality for all team members, customers, and others who interact with the organization.
- Visionary & Strategic – Regularly describes a compelling image of the future to all stakeholders and coaches team members to create strategies and pursue opportunities that create lasting change in the community
- Team Cohesiveness – Understands their level of influence so prioritizes listening to others and allowing others to share their views first. Encourages others to challenge their views
- Process Innovation & Improvement – Leads the way on game-changing innovations for the organization. Gives resources to innovations that they’ve identified as game-changing and sees them through to successful implementation
- Results Driven – Remains focused on achieving results, even in the face of significant obstacles, such as uncertain outcomes, strong internal or external opposition, market changes and organizational roadblocks
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online