Calls for Expressions of Interest
Monitoring & Result Measurement Specialists and Strategic Communications Specialists
FSD Africa (FSDA) is a Kenyan non-profit company which promotes financial sector development across sub-Saharan Africa.
FSDA sees itself as a catalyst for change, working with partners to build financial markets that are robust, efficient and, above all, inclusive.
It uses funding, research and technical expertise to identify market failures and strengthen the capacity of its partners to improve access to financial services and drive economic growth.
FSD Africa is based in Nairobi and funded by the UK Government’s Department for International Development (DFID)
FSDA is looking to build two panels of specialists – one comprising:
a) monitoring and results measurement (MRM), and the other
b) strategic communications individual consultants and/or consultancy firms.
FSDA plans to call on each panel for short term consultancy assignments or for longer-term, draw-down (i.e. retained consultant) arrangements.
This call for Expression of Interest (EOI) aims to pre-qualify consultants so as to facilitate procurement for specific assignments that are anticipated in the future.
The scope of work will include:
- Mentoring, coaching and training of key FSDA and FSD Network staff (e.g. course material development and classroom training through the FSD Academy);
- Providing ad hoc additional capacity to FSDA MRM and Communication Managers (e.g. preparation of project MRM and communication plans);
- Developing and delivering innovative approaches to MRM and strategic communications for financial sector development (e.g. production of impact stories, production of a podcast series and delivery of impact research).
EOI should contain:
- Name and a full CV
- Your place of business
- Area of expertise
- A short statement of why you believe you have the right qualifications to help FSDA in the stated area
- A statement describing your availability, e.g.:
- Preferred length of assignment
- Willingness to travel
- Availability in the next 12-18 months
- Current fee rate (applicable for at least 18 months)
- Any other information that you believe should be taken into account in the pre-qualification process
Please note – a fully costed proposal and/or detailed work plan is not required at this stage.
Your EOI should be sent by email to FSDA at email@example.com under a subject line reading “Expression of Interest: MRM Specialist” or ‘Expression of Interest: Strategic Communications Specialist’.
Detailed EOIs’ can be obtained from FSD Africa’s website www.fsdafrica.org “Call Tab.”
Expression of interest must be received by FSDA no later than 1200 (EAT) 4 November 2015