Our client is a solution provider for Engineering, Technical and Consulting Services.
They are seeking to recruit highly competent individuals in the following areas to join their vibrant team:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Update recordkeeping and accounting systems daily making use of current computer technology.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Supporting field personnel with all accounting needs in your area of specialization.
- Understand the consumables stocked by CESP and Sell them to walk in clients and as required by previous clients.
- Coordinate timely completion of timesheet by all staff in order to tally them with payroll.
- Continually updating all project costs against budget and raising flags where the former surpasses the latter.
- Graduate education in economics/ BCOM related degree course;
- CPA certification at least up to CPA III
- 3 years’ experience in practicing Accounting to the level of tasks expected above.
- Certificate of good conduct.
- Receives and inspects all incoming materials and reconciles with purchase orders; processes and distributes documentation with purchase orders; reports, documents and tracks damages and discrepancies on orders received.
- Makes intra- and inter-campus deliveries of requested surplus office furniture and merchandise; maintains records of all deliveries.
- Fills supply requisitions; assists engineers to order adequate merchandise and supplies; delivers orders to customer sites where needed.
- Ships canceled and damaged items back to vendors as appropriate.
- Delivers assist in sets up furniture for various campus events as requested.
- Handles and documents storage and transportation of hazardous materials.
- Maintains the warehouse, records area and stores area in a neat and orderly manner.
- Answers questions regarding procedures and resolves discrepancies regarding receipts, deliveries, warranties, repairs and surplus property.
- Trains and directs the work of student assistants.
- May serve as a lead worker to other classified staff in the area.
- Diploma in Plumbing/Mechanical Engineering from a recognized polytechnic institution
- Two years increasingly responsible experience working in warehouse and storage operations
- Ability To: Perform general storekeeping and warehouse duties; maintain accurate manual and computer records; perform physical labor; understand and carry out oral and written instructions proficiency in English is important; drive a forklift; maintain cooperative working relationships; demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse population, handle heavy cutting machinery.
- Knowledge Of: Modern warehouse procedures, including methods of proper and orderly storage and issuance of materials; basic stock inventory procedures; requisitions, purchase orders, invoices, packing slips, bills of lading, freight tags, and the use and meaning of each; computerized warehouse record keeping systems.
- Special Requirements: Must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), using galvanized Iron cutting machinery, bending, standing, climbing or walking on a consistent basis.
How to Apply
If you qualify for any of the above positions and meet the said requirements, please send your application in confidence by email attaching your detailed latest CV to:
NB: Clearly state your current and expected salary in your application.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 30th October 2015.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.