Project Finance Officer, Promoting Inclusive Markets in Somalia (PIMS), Kenya
Project Location: Project office Nairobi
Position Start date: As soon as possible
Objective of the Programme: Promoting Inclusive Markets in Somalia (PIMS) is a DFID funded project in Somalia, implemented by Development Alternatives Inc. with an overall Project Objective of the Promoting Inclusive Markets in Somalia, encourage the growth of the private sector, job creation and, as a result, reduce poverty in Somalia.
Scope of Work: The Project Finance Officer will play a facilitating role in the financial transactions related to the DAI PIMS project..
Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiating the payment process for programme activities and ensure that all the payment requests comply with the donor and DAI policies and procedures before approval;
- Ensure that the internal controls within the payment process are safeguarded and working well;
- Ensure that all financial/expenditure documents are delivered to the Nairobi office in a timely manner, reviewed for accuracy and completeness and ready for approval and posting;
- Managing of the fixed asset register and all the accounting requirements in asset management as per the DAI and donor regulations;
- Ensure that all payments and settlements are done in a timely and accurate manner, referenced and correctly filed, as per DAI policy;
- Preparation of bank reconciliation statements for all bank accounts as per policy;
- Tracking of employee advances regularly and follow up the recovery process, or with management when required;
- Management of office petty cash;
- Carry out training on financial policies and procedures to non-finance staff and partners, as required;
- Ensure statutory payments are made on time and evidence of payment filed
- Ensure that all reporting requirements are met while implementing proper reporting procedures and maintaining quality;
- Make visits to the field as required to support the programme on financial operations and management;
- Support field-based operations officers on petty cash management and other project financial needs;
- Support with financial procedures, documentation and payment of grantees and vendors in the field;
- Help with the preparation of internal and external audits and respond to audit queries;
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time by the operations and finance manager in addition to the team leader.
- A degree in a business related field with a CPA qualification or equivalent;
- At least 5 years’ experience in an international organisation;
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record in delivering results in a pressurised environment;
- Fluent in spoken and written English;
- A high level competency in Microsoft office applications.
- Knowledge of oracle and DAI financial systems is an added advantage.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter showing how their qualification and experience match the positions and a detailed resume with 3 professional referees to reach the address below by 6th November 2015