Jobs at Save the Children Recruiting Manager in Kenya 2015
About us: For over 90 years, Save the Children has been making a difference in children’s lives in more than 120 countries.
Save the Children Eastern and Southern Africa Regional Office is looking to recruit for a position of Recruiting Manager
Team / Programme: HR Team
- To provide effective support and co-ordination to the regional HR team with the full range of HR processes including workforce planning and internal resourcing
- To provide a customer focused and pro-active recruitment service to Regional office and its client groups.
- To be responsible for maintaining and updating the data base for talent search
- Support the Regional office by providing a comprehensive and responsive recruitment and coordination service.
- Support countries in the end to end recruitment process for international and other key senior national positions.
- Providing advice on resourcing strategy, reviewing JDs to ensure compliance with SCI format, supporting the preparation adverts and posting in internal and external jobsites.
- Providing support to shortlisting and interviews and ensuring child safeguarding standards are met during the process.
- Ensure reference/ background checks and appropriate vetting are in place for international employees.
- Managing recruitment and deployment of personnel during emergency response
- Development and maintenance of the Regional Emergency Roster for external resource and facilitating release/hiring.
- Providing training on Recruitment, Interviewing skills and others to relevant country program staff.
- Maintain accuracy and integrity of data through timely input to electronic and hard copy l personal files.
- Maintain confidentiality in respect of all candidates’ and employees’ records whether manual or computer maintained and ensure that all records are held securely.
- Monitoring the workforce and succession planning for the Region on key positions
- Coordinate secondments and temporary assignments
- Reporting on employment activity from on boarding to terminating employee, monitoring turn over
- Providing back up as required for Senior HR Managers in small country offices. This may require occasional on-site support but will primarily be virtually.
- Back-up support when necessary for the HR management in the regional office.
- Role modelling and supporting the development of an organisational culture that reflects our values, promotes accountability and high performance and frees up our people to deliver outstanding results for children and excellent customer service for our members and donors
- Serve as a strong advocate of change and supporting initiatives developed to accomplish the company’s overall objectives
- Willing and able to embrace the organisational values of accountability, ambition, collaboration, creativity, integrity, service orientation and getting the job done.
- Multi-tasking – prioritise and re-prioritise, maintain several different activities at the same time.
- Set ambitious and challenging personal goals, and take responsibility for own personal development.
- Widely share personal vision for Save the Children, and engage and support others
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, SCI members and external partners, supporters and suppliers.
- Values diversity, understands where different people are coming from, able to work cross-culturally.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with the team and colleagues,.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
- Commitment to Save the Children Values.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human resources, general management or business administration.
- HR recruitment experience essential
- Excellent IT skills, to include Microsoft Office, Word (including Mail merge), PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Experience of working with an HR database, with the ability to accurately input data and generate reports.
- Ability to prioritise, work to tight deadlines and use own initiative.
- Ability and confidence to communicate appropriately with people at all levels, both internally and externally within a diverse client group.
- Respect the importance of confidentiality, particularly in relation to employees’ personal details.
- Ability to work accurately, with excellent attention to detail
- Understanding of core HR processes good verbal/written communication skills
- Experience of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Experience in eRecruitment systems
Application closes 25th November 2015 at 5:00pm.
We work with children, communities and governments all over the world and we believe in the right person for the job regardless of where you come from and how you identify yourself. We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for these posts. All successful applicants will therefore be required to complete a Police Check and must sign onto our Child Safeguarding Policy and organizational Code of Conduct.