About the Organization: Nuru Kenya is a non-governmental organization currently working in Migori County, Kenya. Nuru Kenya’s mission is to end extreme poverty in remote, rural areas of Kenya.
Nuru Kenya is looking for a highly qualified candidate to fill the position of Training Manager (TM) in the Leadership program.
- Work with the Leadership Program Manager (LPM) and Leadership Senior Training Manager (LSTM) to write, translate, and facilitate the Leadership curriculum to be used by the Nuru Kenya staff and farmer cooperative leaders and members
- Work with the LPM and LSTM to Conduct training needs assessments for all Nuru programs to identify staff training needs and develop training curriculum based on those needs
- Conduct research on content to be included into the Leadership training curriculum
- Submit monthly reports to Program Manager with full accurate information on time
- Work with M&E to gather and evaluate data to evaluate success of Leadership trainings
- Adapt trainings and improve training techniques/activities
- Work with the STM to Mentor, and train trainers in all Nuru programs to improve and standardize curriculum, translation, and facilitation of trainings
- Equip trainers in all Nuru programs with knowledge and skills to increase their training capacity
- Ensure that all curriculum and facilitation is standardized as per the Nuru concept
- Work with trainers in all Nuru programs to identify and address training challenges
- Use computer skills to accomplish tasks in the Leadership program, e.g., track attendance, type lessons, analyze assessments and compile all the required reports
- Work with M&E team to gather and evaluate data to evaluate success of Leadership trainings
- Create, adjust, and follow weekly plans and monthly rollouts that are in line with NK Leadership strategic goals
- Report to the Leadership Senior Training Manager and submit training reports with full accurate information on time
- Assist the Program Manager and the STM in leading weekly leadership meetings and capacity building for the leadership and training team
- Additional roles as assigned by the supervisor
- Be a holder of at least a first degree in relevant course (such as Education, Social Sciences, counseling/psychology, development and cooperative studies) or any relevant course from an Institution recognized in Kenya
- Master’s degree in relevant field preferred
- Advanced computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Internet, etc.)
- Experience as a Trainer of Trainers (TOT) in adult learning
- At least 3 years of experience in training adults preferably in an organization setting
- Proven track record of writing effective curriculum and facilitating successfully to adult learners
- Demonstrated experience mentoring and equipping trainers to improve their curriculum writing and facilitation skills
- Speak fluent English (mandatory), Kiswahili (mandatory), and Kikuria (preferred )
- Ability to translate English to Kiswahili and as well as back translating
- Possess knowledge and skills in project management, communications, and cooperative training and management
- Demonstrated ability to operate in both office and field setting with excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to form successful working relationships with other staff and a good team player
- Long-term commitment to ending extreme poverty in rural areas of Kenya
- Work will be performed in the office, and sometimes in the field. Some work is also expected from the computer at home during evenings and weekends during busier seasons.
Nuru Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we give equal opportunity to all qualified candidates.
Interested applicants should submit their application; resume and cover letter supported by at least two known references.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
See http//www.nuruinternational.org for further information about the organization.