Contribute to poverty eradication
Are you looking for an opportunity to contribute to poverty eradication and at the same time love what you do?
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide advisory services to line managers and project teams on procurement of all goods; works; service and logistical matters;
- Maintains and updates bi-annually an approved list of registered suppliers required by MESPT;
- Prepare and implements a Procurement Plan;
- Prepare, publishes and distributes clear technical specifications for procurement of goods and services including invitations to tenders; pre-qualification documents and invitation for expression of interest;
- Coordinate the receiving and opening of tender documents; and coordinate the evaluation of tenders, quotations and proposals;
- Prepare contract documents, variations and modifications in line with award decisions;
- Develop and implement a mechanism for use organization wide for measuring and improving purchasing performance.
- Participate in supplier qualification and selection process by developing a supplier evaluation system;
- Ensure that MESPT has reliable and efficient suppliers with documented quality systems and a sound financial base.
- Participate in the review and development of contracting strategies through analysis of the value chain and identifying new opportunities for procurement efficiencies.
- Formulates Service Level Agreements in consultation with other departments to meet the expectations of internal customers;
- Monitor Service Level Agreements management by user departments to observe consistency and ascertain that MESPT is getting value for money from procured services or products;
- Pursue and develop cooperative relationships and interchange of information between the procurement function and other departments of the Trust with a view to giving exceptional customer service.
- Ensure adherence to the procurement procedures as required by procurement policy and grant agreement.
- Conduct market surveys and analysis which will assist in monitoring and forward planning for supplies
- Ensures smooth supply chain procedures within the and coordination among staff to ensure successful requisition
- Business degree or equivalent plus full professional qualifications is procurement or equivalent
- Professional Membership in Purchasing and Supplies; CIPS or KISM
- Five (5) years progressive work experience.
- Pragmatic and honest behaviour
- Knowledge of Public Procurement Regulations
- Knowledge of relevant statutory laws e.g. Tax; NSSF;NHIF
- Impeccable organisational skill and proven analytical ability;
- A Strong team player with demonstrated experience in leading teams
- Results oriented with proven track record of working to achieve targets
- Police Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (CID)
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- A Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- A Clearance Certificate from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- A Clearance Certificate from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer.