SIMS QA/QI Coordinators and Monitors
IBTCI is contracted with USAID to conduct monitoring and evaluation for USAID funded activities in Kenya and East Africa.
In anticipation of receiving a Task Order from USAID, IBTCI is looking for long-term and short-term staffs/consultants to implement SIMS over the next 2 years.
Site Improvement through Monitoring System (SIMS) goal is to increase the impact of PEPFAR programs on the HIV epidemic through standardized monitoring of the quality of PEPFAR support at the site level (e.g. health facility; ward, district, etc.), focusing on key program area elements.
SIMS aims to systematize and broaden ongoing PEPFAR site monitoring processes and improve documentation of this oversight; this is accomplished through administration of standard tools that assess adherence to PEPFAR standards of care and service delivery, as well as within entities that support and guide service delivery.
Position Summary: SIMS coordinators/monitors will be responsible for planning and implementing data monitoring, management and data entry, quality assurance and reporting to IBTCI and will serve as the primary data manager for several on-going SIMS site visits.
SIMS site assessments will be conducted on a regular and ongoing basis over the next 2 years.
Location: National program staffs/consultants. We are looking for people to work all over the country. Please specify your current residence.
- Compile data to meet USG SIMS reporting requirements;
- Collecting data using the SIMS tools;
- Completes the computer data back-up on a daily basis;
- Verify accuracy on all the SIMS data collection tools before submission;
- Submit SIMS data within 24 hours after data collection;
- Collaborate with IBTCI Senior M&E Advisor and PHS to ensure high data quality;
- Assist with data cleaning and quality assurance;
- Assist in field logistics including organization of meetings and confirming appointments;
- Participates in the preparation and presentation of data, when required;
- Participates in the review of SIMS monitoring tools;
- Participate in regular management meetings with IBTCI-ESPS staff as needed;
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Degree/diploma in medicine, nursing, health records and information, social sciences from a recognized training institution;
- At least three (3) years of data monitoring and management at facility and community levels;
- At least three (3) years of experience with HIV programming;
- Familiarity with the MoH HIV data collection and reporting tools;
- Experience with interviewing techniques;
- Excellent verbal and written skills as well good organizational and team skills;
- Experience working with the MoH and private health facilities desirable;
- Experience with Ms. Office packages, DATIM database desirable;
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Please include your current place of residence.
To Apply: Kindly send us a most recent, updated CV to email@example.com by October 23, 2015 subject line: SIMS QA/QI Coordinators and monitors.
Only shortlisted applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted
Kenyan nationals only.