Kenya Meat Commission (KMC) is a State Corporation established in 1950 through an Act of Parliament CAP 363 of the Laws of Kenya with the objective of providing a ready market for livestock farmers and processing high quality meat and meat products for consumption in the domestic and export markets.
The mandate of the commission is to procure process and market high quality meat and meat products at the most competitive prices using efficient, effective and environmentally friendly systems to the satisfaction of customers and other stakeholders.
We wish to recruit dynamic, innovative, self-driven and highly qualified individuals to fill the following positions to drive the Commission in achieving the said mandate and effectively supporting the Government in the realization of Vision 2030.
Chief Operations Officer
Ref: KMC 2/10/2015
The Chief Operations Officer shall provide the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and related systems in place in order to ensure sound financial management and efficient operations of the Commission.
The Chief Operations Officer is responsible for the day to day general operations of the Commission.
He/she reports directly to the Managing Commissioner who closely works with the Board to ensure that the Kenya Meat Commission, among other objectives, implement the commission strategic plan and the current turn-around plan in a bid to move it to higher and sustainable level in the Meat Industry.
- Lead and oversee the day-to-day operations in all the departments’ i.e. production, marketing and sales, finance and administration, research and development
- Ensure consistency and standards across all revenue streams and service delivery elements of the business
- Advise the Managing Commissioner on financial planning, budgeting, cash flow, investment priorities, and policy matters
- Plan, coordinate, and execute the annual budget process
- Rapid expansion and growth of the business in terms of backwards and forward markets
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the Managing Commissioner informed of all critical issues
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality
- Ensure staff members receive timely and appropriate training and development
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign responsibilities, set objectives, establish priorities, and conduct annual performance appraisal.
- Responsible for the performance contracting processes
- Upgrade and implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures
- Improve administrative and operational services
- Business or Accounting degree mandatory, a master’s in business administration is preferred
- Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization is required more than specific professional discipline
- Qualified or possesses requisite experience in HR frameworks, production, financial management, marketing and operations
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a senior management position
- Financial reporting capabilities including budgeting and cash flow management
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise
- Entrepreneurial skills and a team player who can multitask
- Superior management skills
All applicants should have certificates of good conduct, compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, Higher Education Loans Board and the Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission.
How to Apply
If you meet the above minimum requirements please send your application, Curriculum Vitae, indicating current salary, copies of certificates, testimonials and contacts of at least three referees and daytime telephone contacts to reach the undersigned not later than 13th November 2015.
The Managing Commissioner,
Kenya Meat Commission,
P. O. Box 2-00204,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KMC is an equal opportunity employer.
Women and Persons Living with Disability are encouraged to apply.