Kenya Meat Commission (KMC) is a State Corporation established in 1950 through an Act of Parliament CAP 363 of the Laws of Kenya with the objective of providing a ready market for livestock farmers and processing high quality meat and meat products for consumption in the domestic and export markets.
The mandate of the commission is to procure process and market high quality meat and meat products at the most competitive prices using efficient, effective and environmentally friendly systems to the satisfaction of customers and other stakeholders.
We wish to recruit dynamic, innovative, self-driven and highly qualified individuals to fill the following positions to drive the Commission in achieving the said mandate and effectively supporting the Government in the realization of Vision 2030.
Ref: KMC 3/10/2015
The Corporation Secretary is the secretary of the Board and is therefore responsible for accurate recording and keeping of all the Board minutes.
He /she manages all litigation cases against the company and keep custody of important legal documents.
He/she is responsible and reports to the Board, specifically offering advice and guidance on matters of law and governance to ensure K.M.C complies with standard financial and legal practice and maintains high standards of corporate governance.
- Provides guidance to the Board on their duties and responsibilities and on matters of governance
- Advice management on legal matters relating to business operations and action on legal cases instituted against the corporation
- Keep custody of important legal documents including contractual documents and company seal
- Provide secretarial services to the Board, and to the management Committees of the corporation
- Draw procurement contracts and ensures that they comply with the laws and regulations, both local and international
- Identifies regulatory requirements and collaborate with other departmental heads to ensure enforcement of these requirements
- Represent the corporation in court cases
- Facilitate effective communication between the company and its stakeholders
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Managing Commissioner and the Board
- Bachelor of Laws degree from a reputable university
- Masters in Law or other relevant fields will be an added advantage
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- A registered CPS (K) member of the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya
- At least eight (8) years’ experience, five (5) of which must be at senior management level
- Strong management and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
All applicants should have certificates of good conduct, compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, Higher Education Loans Board and the Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission.
How to Apply
If you meet the above minimum requirements please send your application, Curriculum Vitae, indicating current salary, copies of certificates, testimonials and contacts of at least three referees and daytime telephone contacts to reach the undersigned not later than 13th November 2015.
The Managing Commissioner,
Kenya Meat Commission,
P. O. Box 2-00204,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KMC is an equal opportunity employer.
Women and Persons Living with Disability are encouraged to apply.