COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale is an Italian non-governmental organization founded in 1965. We carry out development programs and emergency interventions in Africa, Latin America, Asia and the Balkans. We organize activities in Italy to foster the knowledge and the exchange among different cultures.
The Country Director Somalia is responsible for the Somalia Liaison Office within the Nairobi Regional Office, actually covering the organization operation in East Africa .
The Country Director Somalia is therefore responsible for all activities in the country under his/her responsibility and represents the organization with the institutions, donors, organizations and partners both in Mogadishu and Nairobi.
- He/she develops and promotes relations with the regional and country coordination of all institutions and donors’ at work in the area, and with international and local NGOs.
- He/she cooperates with the International Programs Planning office in the elaboration and update of area and country strategies and in the definition of the Operational Plans.
- He/she guarantees the continuous monitoring of the Coordination and country Operational Plans.
- He/she is responsible, with the support of the relative offices, of provisional and final budget analysis, and the financial performance of all countries under his/her responsibility (Annual budgets and revisions).
- He/she supervises all projects and coordination’s financial management, together with the Administration office in Milan.
- He/she supervises the elaboration, writing and preparation of all necessary documents for presenting new projects, referring to the headquarters’ support offices.
- For all countries under his/her competence, he/she ensures the dispatch of all official project documents (contracts, official mail, narrative and financial reports, MoUs with partners etc.) and the preparation of all monitoring documents required by the central headquarters.
- In coordination with the Human Resources office in Italy, he/she selects and negotiates the expatriate staff’s contracts, identifying the salary amount and possible benefits.
- He/she participates to the expatriate staff’s performance evaluation in his/her area of competence.
- He/she monitors the Area Coordinations in the local and expatriate staff management and in the correct application of the safety procedures.
- Making reference to the Communication and Fund Raising office, he/she coordinates the organization’s visibility and communication activities in the geographic area under his/her responsibility.
- He/she ensures the drafting and updating of the Country Regulations, in conformity with the internal COOPI procedures.
- He/she ensures the respect of the donors’ procedures and of all contract obligations, as well as COOPI’s management procedures.
Deadline for application 16th October 2015, within 11.00 am.