Job Opportunity in Kenya Risk & Compliance 2014
Opportunity Kenya Risk & Compliance Manager Job Vacancy
- Ensure that OKL has an approved written risk management policy, which is consistent with the Institution’s business strategies, capital strength, management expertise, and which falls within the overall parameters determined by Opportunity International Network.
- Ensure that OKL has an approved risk appetite statement and that this appetite is communicated through the Institution and included within the risk reporting templates
- Establish a culture within the Institution that emphasizes their commitment to internal controls, risk management and high ethical standards.
- Work with internal audit to ensure that the risk based audit approach taken is not susceptible to gaps in the risk management process. As part of the continuous improvement loop, participate in internal audit finding reviews to help identify areas of exiting or potential risk to be addressed.
- Help build best practice to enforce a pro-active approach towards credit approval, monitoring, reporting and control in order to maintain the loan portfolio within acceptable quality parameters.
- Advise on the establishment and approval limits for branch and regional credit committees and be a member of the Head Office Credit Committee
- Working with the Regional Head of Risk, recommend on acceptable risk levels in OKL – by customer segment, product, industrial classification, etc in line with the framework developed by the Risk Management team (RMT).
- A University degree in Business/Economics/Finance or Statistics from a recognized University. MBA and professional qualification in accounting/banking (ACIB/AKIB, CPA (K), ACCA, CSIA/CFA), will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years management experience and 2 of which should be in Operational Risk Management, Branch operations and or Risk based Internal Audit in a financial institution, MFI or bank.
- Working knowledge of core banking system and good understanding of Business Process Management (process mapping and review).
- Excellent understanding of microfinance operations both Head Office and Branch Network as well as good knowledge of the microfinance products and services.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility i.e. ability to work in different places and at odd hours.
- Good planning and organizational skills including project management skills.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office suite i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point, MS-Project and Visio
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Good knowledge of Operational Risk framework and process.
Opportunity Kenya Limited
P.O. Box 19497-00202
– See more at: http://joblistkenya.com/2014-opportunity-kenya-risk-compliance-job-vacancy.html/#sthash.xbNeIxrD.dpuf