Jaffery Academy Mombasa School Principal Job in Kenya April 2016
Job opportunity;Jaffery Academy Mombasa School Principal in Kenya
Career vacancy:Jaffery Academy Mombasa School Principal in Kenya
Jaffery Academy Mombasa is a reputable and well established private school following UK International Curriculum with a student population of almost 1100 and staff of 150.
We have an outstanding track record of academic, spiritual and co-curricular achievements and are one of the leading educational institutions in East Africa.
We believe in “Building Confidence – Empowering Minds”.
Jaffery Academy Mombasa has an experienced and dedicated team of leaders and enthusiastic teaching and support staff, from whom innovation is actively sought.
The school also has a strong, independent and knowledgeable Education Board who facilitates and drives the school’s continuous improvements.
Over the last decade the school has initiated a focused and rigorous school development process and we have now reached an exciting and critical stage and are looking for a School Principal who will lead the school in its journey of transformation and renewal to the next level.
The School Principal will work closely with the School Board and the Academic and Administrative Leadership Team to lead and manage the entire Jaffery Academy Mombasa.
- An effective leader with a distinguished track record of achievement in managing educational organizations, relishing innovation, change and is committed to transformation of practices and structures.
- An enthusiastic and energetic individual who has firsthand experience of the curriculum, pedagogy and assessment that are inquiry based, is abreast of developing trends in education and has the capacity to lead the school in embracing new developments aimed at raising the standards in the school.
- A leader with a drive and ability to put learners at the centre of their own learning and support outstanding academic achievement
- A leader who has enthusiasm in working with international partners and support teams
- A team player who will distribute leadership and harness the talents of all; motivating individuals and encouraging team work
- An individual who will proactively engage with students, teachers and parents in raising the profile of the school.
Prospective Candidates Must Have
- A minimum qualification of Bachelor of Education degree or a relevant first degree (Bachelor of Science or Arts) with Post graduate qualification in Education from a recognized University.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as head teacher or principal or director in a reputed school.
- Proven track record of school leadership in an international school environment.
- First class communication, networking, operational and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of and experience in the use of technology in education.
A competitive package inclusive of benefits commensurate with qualification and experience will be offered to the most suitable candidate.
If you fulfill the above requirements, please apply in confidence before 22nd April 2016, to
KSI Education Board,
- A cover letter and your CV
- Current photograph
- Names of three referees and their contact details
To know more about Jaffery Academy, visit the school website: www.jafferyacademy.org
Interviews will be scheduled for April 2016.
Applications will be treated in strict confidence and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.