IT Manager Job Vacancy in Kenya May 2016
Career opportunity:IT Manager in Kenya
Job Vacancy;IT Manager in Kenya
Vacancy: IT Manager
Job Brief: We are looking for an IT manager to be responsible and accountable for the smooth running of our computer systems within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines.
You will supervise the implementation and maintenance of our company’s computing needs.
The successful candidate will have improved skills, a proven professional experience and a detailed knowledge of industry’s best practice processes. (Preferably one with experience in Manufacturing Industry.)
- Manage information technology and computer systems
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Responsible for managing daily operations of the Information Technology Department; Infrastructure and Telecommunications Systems.
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy
- Responsible for 25 Production Servers running ERP, Email, and other mission critical systems, 600+ workstations that span over 7 Regional Branches and 31 Satellite/smaller branches
- Manage staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes Information Systems Security; Planned, Developed and Maintained policies and procedures to protect the integrity and confidentiality of systems, network and data.
- Responsible for all corporate communication systems; PABX, Blackberries, GSM, Telkom; PSTN &CDMA. Implemented cost savings via VOIP and Closed User Group controls.
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures
- IT Auditing
- Handle annual budget and ensure cost effectiveness
- Coordinated training of new applications, new systems rollout and implementation of an external internet based trouble reporting program.
- Customer Service Management- Transformation of I.T department into an effective customer service department leading to the I.T helpdesk receiving a customer service excellence award.
- Driver of the information security awareness program. Increased Employee Awareness to security threats (E-bulletin, Logon Scripts & posters)
- Responsible for all power systems
- Proven working experience as an IT manager or relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Expertise in data Centre management and data governance
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Ability to manage personnel
- BS in Computer Science, MIS or similar field
- Project Mgmt.: MS Project v2000-10 / MS Visio 2003-10
- Office: MS Office 2000-10 (Outlook, Publisher, Word, Excel, Groove, InfoPath)
- Email & Internet: MS Exchange 5.5/ 2003 Mailer Daemon v5.0,7.0, / World Client / Wingate Internet Proxy v5.2.3
- Web Design: Macromedia Dreamweaver v4.0,MX,8.0 / Fireworks v4.0,MX, 8.0 /FrontPage 2002/03/05},Java/HTML
Qualified candidates to forward their cvs to email@example.com cc firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th May 2016
At the subject of your email kindly indicate the position you are applying for.
Salary range is BTW 150,000 – 250,000 depending with once qualification and experience