IRC Livelihoods Officer Job in Kenya Feb 2016
Job opportunity: IRC Livelihoods Officer in Kenya
Employment vacancy: IRC Livelihoods Officer in Kenya
Employee Type: Regular
Employee Category: Full Time
Job Purpose / Objective: The International Rescue Committee (IRC), through the Stichting Vluchteling – funded program proposes to implement a livelihoods project among both refugee and host community youth in Nairobi County.
Under the guidance of the Program Manager, the Livelihoods Officer will oversee all aspects of the livelihoods project especially with regards to identification of beneficiaries, training, monitoring of project implementation and reporting.
- Manage the implementation of SV project activities including:
- Training of beneficiaries in basic business and life skills
- Identifying businesses, setting up and monitoring of apprenticeships
- Reviewing business plans, selecting business grant recipients and supporting disbursement of grant funds
- Develop, manage and keep track of activity work plans and training implementation schedules to ensure timely delivery of services and achievement of objectives.
- Develop monitoring and data collection processes and carry out regular monitoring visits to beneficiaries and partners to track program progress
- Work with the Protection team and Governance & Rights Coordinator to ensure integrated implementation of program across all intended results areas.
- Working closely with IRC Technical Advisors, remain up to date on good practices and developments in entrepreneurship, business skills and financial services in order to ensure program quality and impact.
- Fully comply with IRC safety and security procedures and provide input to security monitoring and assessments to enable and promote a safe and secure environment for program implementation.
- Ensure confidentiality and ethical data collection throughout the monitoring and reporting phase.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Humanities, International Development, Political Science, Management or other relevant field.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience in livelihoods and enterprise development approaches.
- Experience in youth outreach and private sector partnerships
- Strong program/technical and budget management skills, planning, reporting, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties.
- Strong leadership, analytical and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to quickly assess priorities and effectively manage a variety of activities at a time while paying appropriate attention to detail.
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Experience of working with forced migrants desirable.
- Proven practical experience in partnership/stakeholder engagement and management
- Ability to work and adapt under pressure.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate (word processors, spreadsheet, database, CAD and statistical packages, etc)
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
How to Apply
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.