IRC Assistant Livelihoods Officer Job in Nairobi, Kenya Feb 2016
Job vacancy: IRC Assistant Livelihoods Officer in Nairobi, Kenya
Employment vacancy: IRC Assistant Livelihoods Officer in Nairobi, Kenya
- Support in managing the implementation of SV project activities including;
- Training of beneficiaries in basic business and life skills
- Identifying businesses, setting up and monitoring of apprenticeships
- Reviewing business plans, selecting business grant recipients and supporting disbursement of grant funds
- Support in Developing, managing and keeping track of activity work plans and training implementation schedules to ensure timely delivery of services and achievement of objectives.
- Support in developing, monitoring and data collection processes and carrying out regular monitoring visits to beneficiaries and partners to track program progress
- Fully comply with IRC safety and security procedures and provide input to security monitoring and assessments to enable and promote a safe and secure environment for program implementation.
- Ensure confidentiality and ethical data collection throughout the monitoring and reporting phase.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Humanities, International Development, Political Science, Management or other relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience in livelihoods and enterprise development approaches.
- Experience in youth outreach and private sector partnerships
- Strong program/technical and budget management skills, planning, reporting, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties.
- Strong leadership, analytical and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to quickly assess priorities and effectively manage a variety of activities at a time while paying appropriate attention to detail.
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Experience of working with forced migrants desirable.
- Proven practical experience in partnership/stakeholder engagement and management
- Ability to work and adapt under pressure.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate (word processors, spreadsheet, database, CAD and statistical packages, etc)
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.