Insurance Company Underwriting Manager Career Recruitment in Kenya 2015
The Company: We are a pioneering dynamic Insurance Company introducing a new and exciting ethical perspective to the Insurance market in Kenya and the region.
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing the activities of underwriting and reinsurance in the company.
- Vetting all risks to ensure that only quality business is accepted into the company at acceptable rates.
- Preparing and maintaining up to date underwriting manual.
- Ensuring that the risks undertaken by the company are adequately covered through reinsurance programme.
- Construction of equitable policy contracts and due execution of policies and other accountable documents.
- Marketing company products and ensuring proper customer service.
- Supervision, appraisal, training and development of staff in the department.
- Ensuring timely preparation of management reports.
- Business Degree from a recognized university
- Computer literacy
- 8 years working experience in insurance, 3 of which should have been at management level.
- Excellent communication, training and people management skills, change management, and good negotiation skills