ICRC Assistant Accountant Job in Industrial Area, Nairobi, Kenya 2014
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC Logistic Centre in Nairobi (Industrial Area) is seeking an experienced & highly motivated individual to fill the Assistant Accountant position.
- Voucher preparation for suppliers ;
- Preparing cheques both electronically and manually;
- Filing and archiving accounting documents ;
- Inventory Accounts Reconciliation(systems used are ACCPAC and SUN);
- Perform regular checks of new shipment orders created in ACCPAC to ensure correct accounting data;
- Support departments in the supply chain with correct accounting procedures;
- Holder of a Degree from a recognized university;
- CPA 1 and / or equivalent;
- At least 3 years experience in a similar position;
- Computer literate;
- Good analytical skills, ability to work in a team, flexible and open minded, ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision, good communication skills.
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to Human Resources Office on the address or e-mail below, on or before 06th December 2013.
Please include a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, current and expected remuneration and contact details of three referees.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
International Committee of the Red Cross, Logistics Centre,
P. O. Box 34071,
P. O. Box 34071,
Nairobi, 00100 (GPO),