ICPAK Legal Services Officer Job in Kenya April 2016
Job opportunity:ICPAK Legal Services Officer in Kenya
Career vacancy:ICPAK Legal Services Officer in Kenya
Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)
Vacancy: Legal Services Officer
(Contractual Job – Six Months)
Job Ref: ICPAK 008/2015
The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) is a professional body of Accountants established in 1978 and draws its mandate to develop and regulate the accountancy profession in Kenya from the Accountants Act No. 15 of 2008.
In its endeavor on institutional strengthening, ICPAK is seeking to recruit dynamic, self-driven and results oriented individual to fit in a team that will propel it to a World Class Professional Accountancy Institute.
Job Profile: The Legal Services Officer shall serve on a fixed contractual term of six months with a possibility of renewal only at the discretion of the Management.
He / She shall report to the Legal Services Manager and shall perform the following duties and responsibilities as stated here below:
- Assist in receiving and identifying incidences of possible professional misconduct by members.
- Assist in conducting preliminary investigations on issues of professional misconduct by members.
- Assist by offering technical support in the activities of the Disciplinary Committee.
- Assist in developing new policies and guidelines for the Accountancy profession
- Provide support to the process of arbitration and mediation of disputes between members for avoidance of unnecessary disciplinary inquiries.
- Participating in Law reviews and disseminating the issues among the Institute membership
- Responding to enquiries on professional status of members
- Provide support in the investigation of reported cases of unqualified persons practicing as accountants and making the necessary arrangements with the CID Department for their arrest and arraignment in court.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB)
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications
- Advocates of the High Court of Kenya will have an added advantage
- Certified Public Secretary (CPS) qualifications will be an added advantage
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya
- Minimum of one year continuous experience in legal services
- Strong Communication & Negotiation Skills
- Arbitration and Mediation skills
- Leadership and supervisory skills with good planning and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- High levels of Integrity and Ethics
- Drive for results and achievement
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application letter and CV in pdf format clearly indicating the position applied for, current and expected salary to the following:
Applications should be received on or before close of business on Thursday 14th April, 2016.