ICAP Regional Prevention Advisor Job in Kisumu Kenya Dec 2015
ICAP of Columbia University is working in partnership with the Kenyan Ministry of Health to strengthen HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment services at County and Sub County health facilities.
This program is part of a US Government initiative against HIV in Kenya that receives funding from PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Applications are invited for the following position:
Position: Regional Prevention Advisor
Location: Kisumu with travel to ICAP sites in Nyanza
Overall Job function: With the overall guidance of the Prevention Advisor, Nairobi, the Regional Prevention Advisor Nyanza will report to the Regional Director- Nyanza on day-to-day basis with the responsibility of planning, implementation and supervision of all ICAP prevention activities in ICAP sites in Nyanza.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Regional Prevention Advisor will work in liaison with the Prevention Advisor, Nairobi to
- Supervise, coordinate and ensure effective implementation of HIV Prevention activities in the region
- Coordinate the scaling up of HIV testing & counseling,
- Ensure effective referrals and linkages from HTC to HIV care services
- Help scale up prevention programs which target most at risk populations
- Help to strengthen delivery of PEP services
- Help to strengthen adherence, psychosocial and prevention with positives
- Represent ICAP in strategic meetings ¡n respective counties
- Any other relevant duty as requested by line management
- Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery/ Diploma in Clinical Medicine & Surgery
- Masters in Public Health preferred
- Minimum 4 year’s relevant experience
- Familiarity with county and sub-county health systems
- Familiarity with HIV community programs including peer education
All applications including a current CV, telephone number and referees (either current or former supervisor) should be sent
to the Director- Human Resources, ICAP Jobs@icapkenya.org
on or before December 16, 2015.
Do not send certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICAP is an equal opportunity employer