ICAP IT Assistant Job in Kisumu Kenya April
Job opportunity:ICAP IT Assistant in Kisumu Kenya
Career vacancy:ICAP IT Assistant in Kisumu Kenya
ICAP of Columbia University is working in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Kenya to strengthen HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment services at County and Sub County health facilities.
This program is part of a US Government initiative against HIV in Kenya that receives funding from PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Applications are invited for the following position:
Position: IT Assistant
Location:Kisumu with travel to ICAP sites in Nyanza including Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching & Referral Hospital( JOOTRH)
Overall Job Function: Reporting to the IT Officer, Nyanza the IT Assistant will help to ensure the already configured systems, physical infrastructure both in the office and the various ICAP supported health facilities are running.
- Trouble shoots the Office and JOOTRH’s Local Area Networks.
- Strictly adhere to and incorporate the Standard Operating Procedures developed by ICAP in the day to day operations.
- With the help of IT Officer, liaise with the Internet services Provider to ensure the availability of internet for staff at all times.
- Work in collaboration with the entire ICAP team to technologically strengthen capacity of site staff to operate and trouble shoot computer systems and other IT equipment.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor, IT Manager or Program Director.
- Work directly with the IT Officer in implementation of policies and procedures for the IT component of the ICAP program.
- Implement database for effective and efficient monitoring of movement of IT equipment from Imarisha office to the Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching & Referral Hospital (JOOTRH) .
- Maintain an up-to-date database for all the IT assets supplied to the Hospital and those in the Kisumu office.
- Monitor the availability of Local Area Network to users and ensure users access general share, printing and scanning services at their convenience.
- Work closely with the Data Management Unit to ensure the C-PAD systems installed in various health facilities and DHIS are well operational.
- Diploma in Information Technology/ Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer qualification
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Science or any related filed is desirable
- At least two year’s experience in an IT firm or related field
All applications including a current CV, telephone number and referees (either current or former supervisor) should be sent to the
Director- Human Resources,
on or before 20th April 2016.
Do not send certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
ICAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer