ICAP HIV Services Technical Advisor Job in Nairobi Kenya May 2016
Job opportunity;ICAP HIV Services Technical Advisor in Nairobi, Kenya
Career vacancy;:ICAP HIV Services Technical Advisor in Nairobi, Kenya
ICAP of Columbia University is working in partnership with the Kenyan Ministry of Health to strengthen HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment services at County and Sub County health facilities.
This program is part of a US Government initiative against HIV in Kenya that receives funding from PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Applications are invited for the following position:
Position: Technical Advisor – HIV Services
Location: Nairobi with frequent visits to ICAP sites in the regions
Overall Job Function: Reporting to the Director of Programs and as a key member of the senior technical in-country staff, the Technical Advisor- HIV Services is responsible for the planning, coordination and providing direction for the HIV Care and Treatment programming.
He/she will also provide strong leadership to a team of implementers working with the facilities.
- To oversee the planning, initiation and implementation of HIV care, and treatment services at ICAP-supported facilities
- To develop a standard package of HIV care services and ensure its implementation in ICAP supported facilities
- To oversee the planning, initiation and implementation of a quality improvement and monitoring program for HIV care, and treatment using the Kenya HIV Quality Improvement Framework
- To provide supervision of program officers working in all aspects of adult clinical care
- To contribute to training and mentorship of ICAP and site staff in HIV care, prevention and treatment
- To assist in program monitoring and evaluation in HIV care and treatment
- To provide technical support to TB care and treatment
- To develop protocols and job aids to aid in Management of opportunistic infections
- To support decentralization of HIV care and treatment services
- To conduct operation research and document best practices
- To provide technical assistance to the Ministry of Health in HIV care, prevention and treatment
- Degree in Medicine, preferably with a postgraduate qualification
- At least 5 years’ experience in HIV programming
- Familiarity with district-level health care programs in Kenya
- Clinical experience of HIV Medicine
How to Apply
All applications including a current CV, telephone number and referees (either current or former supervisor) should be sent to
the Director- Human Resources,
on or before May 27, 2016.
Do not send certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer